Chapter 56

"Will you be here for at least Valentines day?" Tobias asks me and I nod slowly. We are at the park sitting on the swings while Olivia runs around and plays with some of her friends.
"I asked my mom to stay here a few more days. If I didn't, we would be on our way to Los Angeles right now" I say staring at the ground and kicking the rocks with my feet. I slept for about an hour at Tobias' house. When we woke up we saw Olivia sleeping on top of us while she wrapped her arms tightly around me. I hadn't noticed her but apparently when she woke up she saw us sleeping, snuggles up to each other and she placed a big blanket on top of us so we wouldn't be cold then she cuddled up next to us which I think is adorable. I kissed her forehead to wake her up, and when she opened her eyes and saw me and Tobias,p her mouth curled in a beautiful smile. She was so happy that there is nothing in our way anymore . . . Or thats what she thinks.
"Why are your eyes all puffy and red?" She asked as I picked her up and kissed her cheek. She played with my hair like she usually does and then looked up at me. "Is there something wrong?" She asked with her low and adorable baby voice. I cleared my throat.
"I'm just sick" I said and smile for her. She just nodded and believed me.
"I remember the last time I was sick" she said. "I sounded like frog" she says laughing and I giggle.
Then I went to Olivia's room with her in my arms and picked out her clothes.
"So what do you want to wear?" I asked and she smiled.
"I want to dress like you" she says pointing at my outfit. I am wearing jeans and Tobias' over sized hoodie. I sighed and laughed a bit as I tried to find something similar to my clothes. I just got a pair of jeans and a grey jumper that looked a little bit like mine–Tobias'. I tied her hair in a high tony tail and when she looked in the mirror she grinned and hugged me tight. "Thank you, Tris" she said gripping to my hoodie. "I love you"
  Tobias stands up and helps me up from the swing. We lace our fingers together as we start walking around the park. We sit on the grass and stare at the sunset and I rest my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms around my stomach and I lay my hands on top of his. I place my hand on the side of his face as I turn around and stare at his eyes. He slides his hands on my shoulders and I lean for a kiss. Our lips move in perfect sync and I wrap my arm around his neck tightly. After a while I pull back and rest my forehead on his chin and he pulls me into his embrace.
    "We can make it work, you know" he says. My eyes start to fill with tears as I sniffle.
    "How Tobias?" I ask pulling back a bit so I can look at face. He shrugs his shoulders at stares at the ground.
    "Maybe I can come every weekend and bring Olivia with me" he says. "Or . . . I can-"
    "Tobias we will be more than 2000 miles apart" I say trying to blink my tears. "I just . . . I want to make it work too, but . . . Will it?" I ask looking up at him. He can't even look at me because he knows he will have an emotional break down–like me. His eyes fill with tears a little but then he closes them and takes a deep breath. "I really believed that we would grow old together, you know?" I start. "I really believed that when we grow up we would have this nice house, with a golden retriever dog, with beautiful children. A little boy that looks like his father, with his dark blue ocean eyes. A little girl dancing on the meadow as you hummed songs to her" I continue and tears stream down my face as I sniffle. "Olivia would be all grown up, smart and beautiful, just like she is now . . ." I can't even continue anymore. I start sobbing as Tobias wraps his strong and manly arms around me lightly and firmly, holding me like he won't ever let go. "And I'll never stop believing" I say bubbling and crying. He pulls back and cups my face in his hands while we wipes my tears with his thumb. He gives me a sad, so sad smile as he kisses the top of my forehead. He tries to find the right words to say but there aren't any. He just pulls me back into his arms again and I rest my head on his chest. I hear footsteps of running behind me and I see that its Olivia. I wipe my tears away quickly and smile when she sits between me and Tobias. She grins as she gasps for air (from running). When she looks at me she furrows her eyebrows as she stands up and takes a better look.
    "Why are you crying?" She asks. I sigh and smile through mu bloodshot eyes and rub her arm lightly.
    "I-I failed my chemistry test" I lie.
    "School hasn't even started yet" she says confused.
   "Oh, yeah. . . Right. . . Its my throat, its very sore and exhausted" I lie again. She nods unconvinced and I lift her up and sit her on my lap as I untie her hair and start stroking it. That is how the rest of the afternoon goes. When the sun sets it get dark fast and Olivia sleeps on my arms, breathing slowly and calmly, so peaceful, so happy. We get up and start walking home with Olivia in my arms. Tobias offers to hold her but I shake my head as I stare at her pure face and silky hair. We walk in silence in the dark and when we arrive at the neighborhood I decide I want to spend the night at Tobias. Even if my parents get worried, they know they pissed me off and I currently hate them so I don't care. We slowly walk in Tobias' house and I go up to Olivia' room as Tobias goes to his'. I change Olivia's clothes as I put her in her pajamas and tuck her in kissing her forehead. Then I slowly go to Tobias' room–which is right next to Olivia's. He is currently in the bathroom but I can see that he picked a pair of his pajamas for me and they lay on the bed. I slowly take off my clothes and change in his pajamas which are large for me but very comfortable. Tobias comes in the room and we lay down on the bed as I cuddle up next to him. I place my head and hand on his chest as he kisses the top of my head. We fall asleep like that, next to each other in silence. We don't talk, the silence speaks for it's self.