Chapter 24

I go to the cafeteria and everyone looks at me with pity. They stopped making fun of Tobias and now everyone hates me because 'I told everyone about his secret'. Everyone whispers about me and calls me different names. I look over at the table our group friend would usually sit, they are all staring at me with disgusted looks. Christina rolls her eyes and they continue eating. I let out a shaky breath and go to get my food. I don't get much to eat. I get a piece of bread and a little peas. I find a spare table and go sit there. I pass another table and someone calls me 'bitch'. I blink my tears away and sit on the table. I play with the peas with my fork. Im not in the mood to eat anything. After lunch I have English class but I don't feel like going. I just really want to be alone with Tobias right now, to feel his soft lips one mine, his touch warming me up.
Suddenly I feel cold liquid dropping on my head. I gasp and my hair is all pink from someone's smoothie. I turn around and see Marlene with a empty cup in her hand.
"Opps" she says sarcastically "My bad" she giggles and runs off. The room fills with laughter. Everyone has their phones out recording and taking pictures of me. My vision gets blurry because of my tears. I try to keep my breaths steady, so I don't break down in front of the school. I try to hold my hair but pink liquid keeps dripping off my hair. I wipe the smoothie off my face and run off. I run to the girls bathroom. I get in and lock the door. I lean my head on the door and let my tears fall.
"Are you okay?" I hear someone behind me. I gasp and turn around. There is a girl with wavy blonde hair there that was fixing her make up. She is wearing a nude blouse with a brown vest and brown pants that go perfect together. She has beautiful jewelry on that match her outfit. Her name is Amelia, she is the queen of the school. She isn't rude though. She is actually very nice and caring. She is part of Mason's click. I bite my lower lip and shake my head. She comes over and wraps her arms around me. "Who did this to you?" She asks worried.
"My best friend" I sob at the end of the sentence.
"Why would she do this to you?"
"Everyone thinks I leaked Four's secret" I say "I am...was, his girlfriend and they're blaming everything on me" I say wiping my tears.
"Its okay" she says "Lets get you cleaned up" she gives me a weak smile.
She cleans my hair and curls it with her curling iron she keeps in her locker. She wipes the smoothie off my face and puts on concealer, mascara and lipstick. She also put on some blush and gives me a extra pair of clothes she keeps in her locker because mine are all wet.
I look at myself in the mirror and for once, I actually look beautiful. I smile at my reflection. I turn to her and give her a hug.
"Thank you" I say.
"Lets go to lunch now. You can sit with me and my friends" I smile wider and follow her. When we go to the cafeteria everyone is still looking at the video and laughing their lungs off. When they see me and Amelia their jaws drop to the floor. I ignore them and sit down next to Mason and Amelia. When Mason sees me he pulls me into his embrace.
"Thank god you're okay" he says and I smile. Its nice for someone to care for me.
"Hey guys this is Tris" Amelia introduces me to them "This is Alice, Dylan, and Adam" I know them all. They are the golden kids of the school. Everyone knows their names. It feels like an honor sitting with them right now.
"Hi" I say giving them a smile.
"I really like how after everything that happened you still smile" Adam says.
"Ignore them all" Alice says "They're all douche pants" She says and I giggle. I look at the table where I used to sit literally three days ago, and all of them give me disgusted looks. Zeke isn't at school today, Im sure if he was here he would object. He would stand up for me because I am too unconfined to stand up for myself.
The bell goes off and everyone goes to class.
                                                                                                   +++
Last period is over. I get up, get my stuff and get out of the class. I see Four getting out of the class but I don't even bother going after him anymore, I know he won't listen. I start walking home but I hear footsteps behind me so I turn around.
"Need a ride home?" Mason asks showing me his car keys.
"Yes please" we get in his car which is actually very expensive. I sit in the front seat.
"So what happened with you and Four?" He asks while turning the car on. I shrug my shoulders.
"I have no idea" I say "I just showed up at school and he started yelling at me for telling his secret, then everyone started hating and making fun of me"
"They're all bastards! Ignore them" he says. He parks in front of my house. We both get out of the car "Is this your house?" He asks.
"Yep" I say popping the 'p'. He hands me my bag.
"Here you go"
"Thank you" I say "For everything" He places his hand on my cheekbone, holding my head still. He leans over and presses his lips to mine. His other hand goes to my waist. H pulls back and smiles and bows at me.
"See you later" then goes back in his car and drives away.
I just stand there, shocked at what happened. My eyes are wide and my head is still processing everything that happened. Shouting from Tobias' house take me out of my daze.
"Stop it Olivia!" I hear Tobias shout.
"But don't you care that she kissed your biggest enemy?" Olivia asks raising her voice.
"Olivia stop it! We are not dating anymore and she can go over and kiss anyone she wants! She told everyone about Marcus! I can't trust her anymore!" Tobias yells back.
"But she wouldn't do that!"
"She did!" Tobias yells at her "Now go to your room now!"
"I knew you would blow everything up! You are not good enough for her!" She yells starting to cry.
"I said go to you room!" He yells. I slowly walk at his house and knock on the door and he opens it. When he sees me he rolls his eyes and tries to close the door. I put my hand on the door so he can't close it. The door pinches my hand and I yell in pain. I pull my hand back and he closes the door. My eyes fill with tears as my hand goes limp.
"Tobias you hurt her!" Olivia screams crying. Tobias just ignores her. I start crying in his front lawn. I get up and go to my house. I go to the bathroom thats connected with my room and put cold water on my hand. There is a big bruise now. After a while the pain stops. I step out of the bathroom and open my closet to find my pajamas. I take off my shirt and my bra then put on my pajamas. I lay in my bed sighing. I close my eyes and get a notification on my phone but I ignore it. I hear giggling and screaming outside my house but I ignore it. The notifications on my phone start blowing up. I see there is a message from an unknown number. I open it and see a picture of me in my bra, literally five minutes ago while I was changing. Its sent to the whole school. My eyes fill with tears and fall on the screen of my phone. I get up and look outside of the window. I see Lauren, Marlene and Shauna laughing at the picture of me on their phone. I close my curtains and kneel to the ground. I cover my face with my hand and let my self cry. I sob uncontrollably.
After a few minutes I get up and go to my desk. I slowly pull out my pencil sharpener. I get the razor blade thats in it. I keep sobbing as I see what Im doing. I put the razor on my wrist. Blood starts streaming down my hand. It doesn't feel that bad as I thought. My sobs stop as I start to feel pleasure while cutting my hand. After that my hand is like a pile of blood. I wipe the dried tears with my clean hand and go to the bathroom. I clean my hand from all the blood. The water on my hand stings but I ignore it. I wrap a towel around my arm and lay on my bed and cry myself to sleep.