Chapter 19

Tobias

Tris just told me she hated me and that she never wants to see me again. When she was crying I had this feeling, horrible feeling. When she cries I am in pain. It just makes me hate myself when she is sad, I don't know why. I close my eyes and sit a bench. When she cried it reminded me of when Eric touched her, she was sobbing and crying. I beat up Eric and then hugged her. I remember the sweet smile on her face, and the relief she had when she saw me. Her eyes, so beautiful, so sweet. I remember the other time that Eric touched her, I wasn't there. After school I found Eric and beat the crap out of him. I never hurt someone that bad, never. That day I was late from school and Tris called telling me that Olivia was scared to death and she was crying. Thats why I was late that day. I can't believe that someone would hurt her. I stop my thoughts and mentally slap myself because; I hurt her. But them it hits me. I just remembered her. I remembered her. I get up and start running to our neighborhood. I run as fast as I can. Her house is a little far so it'll take a while till I get there. After ten minutes of exhausted running I get there. I stop on her front door step. I knock but no one answers. I knock again, after. Few seconds the door opens. I see Tris in her pajamas, her hair is messy, her eyes are bloodshot and she has huge under eye circles. Her eyes are closed and she yawns. When she opens her eyes she sees me. Her eyes fill with hate.
"What are you doing here" She says.
"Tris I remember" I smile "I remember you" I add but she shows no emotion.
"I hope you remember your new girlfriend too" she says and tries to close the door.
"Tris, please" I say keeping the door open with my hand. I see Olivia at the stairs. She looks at me with hatred. "I didn't mean that. It was a dare" Tris laughs not believing me. It actually was a dare. Will dared me to, but he didn't actually think I would do it.
"Why won't you just listen to what I tell you huh?" Olivia yells at me "Listen to what me and Tris tell you! We are the only ones that actually knew the real you!"
"Used to know" Tris numbles under her breath "Because apparently you are a 'new person now'" she mocks me.
"I think its best for me to stay with Tris" Olivia says and goes upstairs. Tris stares at me and closes the door. I hate myself.