Chapter 48

"You keep your mouth shut" Christina says as I roll my eyes. "Will would never go shopping with me! He just gives me some money and I go shopping by myself or with any of you guys! You are so lucky you have Four!" She says looking through my closet.
"I know, I know" I say "But I really wanted a job, you know?"
"For what? You are in high school Tris. High school. You will have enough time to get a job" she says "Plus, you have clothes for a lifetime, your family gives you food, you have the bestest best friend and the best boyfriend ever. What more do you need?" She asks and I sigh. She looks at the clothes in my closet the way I look at pizza.
No one is approving for me to get a job, so I don't have any other way to get the money. Would Christina lend me the money for this month? Even if she would, how would I pay back?
"Can I borrow five-hundred dollars for this month?" I blurt out. Our eyes meet in the mirror as she furrows her eyebrows. She turns around confused.
"Excuse me...What?" She asks confused.
"I need five-hundred dollars for this month. I really need them. I will pay back, I promise" I say. She sits on the edge of the bed confused.
"What for?" She asks and I sigh.
"I can't tell you" I say and she laughs.
"You want me to lend you five-hundred dollars without even knowing what for?" She says. "Not gonna happen"
"Christina I need them. Just trust me, please" I say. She sighs and shrugs her shoulders.
"I don't know if I have that much. But if you really need the money that badly, then you should take a job" Yes! Someone finally said it! "My uncle has just opened a restaurant and maybe he could use waitresses if you want. Its a very expensive restaurant so the salaries should be high" she says.
"Oh my god. Really? Can you ask him" I say getting exited. She nods and I jump on my bed from happiness. If I get the job going, then I will be able to pay Eric. Though...He never said for how long. I wrap my arms around Christina and thank her.
"Ill ask for the salaries, taxes, address and everything" she says and I squeal. I get a text on my phone and I look who its from.

Good girl -E

Eric... Its starting to creep me out. How he listens and sees every sound, every move I make. I look around to see if any one is there, but no...
  "Who's that from?" Christina asks. My phone rings and it's Tobias. Nice save.
  "Tobias" I say smiling. She squeals and I answer the call. "Hey"
  "Why hello Beatrice" he says in a kind manly voice and I laugh.
  "Beatrice?" I ask giggling. "Why so formal?"
  "I want you to do me a favor" he says. "I want you to look under your bed. There's something in there for you" he hangs up and Christina grins. I kneel to the ground and see that there is a bag in there. I take it and see it's from a fancy boutique. I gasp as I open it and look inside. Its a beautiful rose pink dress that goes to my knees. I take it out and stare at it in shock. Christina gasps loudly as she covers her mouth.
   "It's beautiful" I whisper smiling and getting a little emotional. I look outside the window to see Tobias in his house. He stands in front of his window smiling. I blow him a kiss. Then we just stare at each other's eyes.
   "Hey an unknown number is calling you" Christina says and I grab the phone from her hand fast. Im sure its Eric. I stutter.
   "Wait here" I say and get out of the room. 'What do you want Eric?"
   "To pretend you don't like the dress" he says.
   "What? No" I say "Im getting the money for you, what more do you want?"
  "Just do it" he says "If you don't then..." He hangs up. My eyes fill with tears while the phone beeps. Tobias should have paid a lot for that dress. That beautiful pastel pink dress with so many layers and thought into it. If I pretend I don't like  the dress, he will be crushed. I sigh and blink my tears away and enter the room.
    "Wrong number" I lie to Christina and she nods. "Christina, I don't feel very well. Maybe we can meet tomorrow?"
   "Oh, sure" she says hugging me "Call if you need anything"
  "Okay. I will" I say hugging back "Bye" she leaves my room. I lay in my bed as I hide my face under the pillow. Thats when ai start sobbing uncontrollably. Everything is falling apart again without even being fixed. Its like a big tsunami after an earthquake.
  I have to keep the people I love safe...But how do I do that if Im supposed to keep them safe while having to hurt them?