Chapter 37

I feel a hand on my cheekbone rubbing small circles with the thumb. I gasp and sit up, terrified. I open my eyes and see Tobias sitting next to me. I breathe heavily and he smiles sadly.
  "Tobias" I whisper, sighing in relief as I wrap my arms around him tightly. My arms around his neck and his hands are on my lower back. I hear him whisper comforting things in my ear, telling me everything is okay. My eyes fill with tears as flash backs from last night come to my mind. I purse my lips together and let out a little sob, I place my hands on Tobias' chest and cry on it. He rubs circles on my spine, comforting me. Shivers go through my body. I keep crying as he places small and sweet kisses on the top of my head. After a while I calm down and my head hurts from all the sobbing. My face is all wet with tears and my eyes are all puffy and bloodshot. He pulls back a little as he strokes the hair out of my face, tucking in behind my ears. He presses his lips on my forehead and he just stays like that for a couple of seconds.
  "I love you" I whisper with my eyes closed as he still holds my head with his hands. "I love you so much" I repeat. He pulls back and stares at my eyes.
  "I love you too" he says and presses his lips against mine. This is the moment I have waited so long for. The moment I only dreamed of. The moment I want to last forever. But it can't so I pull back and questions come bursting out of my mouth.
  "Where is Olivia?" I ask a little worried.
  "Shauna is babysitting her" he says. Then I notice, a huge bruise on the side of his face and several cuts and dried blood all over his face. I gasp as I cover my mouth with my hand. I touch the marks lightly with my fingertips.
  "Oh Tobias" I whisper quietly. "Why did you let him do this to you?". He just stares at the bed sheets, avoiding my eyes and not answering my question. I lean on and gently kiss his bruise wishing it would go away.
  "My father didn't do all of it" he says and I furrow my eyebrows.
  "Who did then?" I ask curiously.
  "The guy I fought yesterday night" he says and I remember that he saved me from the man that tried to take advantage of me. "He did the cuts, he had a knife"
  "You didn't have to put yourself in danger Tobias" I say quietly.
  "Yes, yes I had to. If I didn't then you would probably be the mother of a bastard" he raises his voice a little, not that he is mad with me, he is just angry that I would rather get hurt myself than let him suffer. I sigh in response. We stay in silence for a couple of minutes but then I speak up.
  "Why did you leave me?" I ask looking up at him. He sighs and closes his eyes.
  "Because I know you and Mason have something, Im not saying that you were cheating on me, no Im not saying that. But I could see you guys had, had a connection and I knew that he was better for you. And I couldn't stand watching you forgive me over and over again while I was being a bastard" he says. "I am sorry" We stay in silence again. I don't say nothing because there is nothing to say. Then he breaks the silence.
  "Why were you out last night? What were you doing in that neighborhood?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders. "Tris, tell me" he says and I sigh.
  "Me and Mason were celebrating New Year together, and then he kissed me when it was twelve o'clock-New Year. I always imagined that you would be my first kiss for this year, from the day we went out so I couldn't do it. Lie to him while I am madly in love with you. Then I just, ran off. It was dark and I didn't know where I was going"
  "You and Mason?" he asks angrily as his jaw clenches.
  "That was the whole reason why you left! So I could be with Mason! Stop getting jealous because you know I love you and only you!" I say raising my voice a little. He closes his eyes and calms himself down. He apologizes and I pull him into my embrace.
  "Im sorry, I love you" he says and I give him a peck on the lips and leaning on him. He sits me on his lap (A/N not the sexual way, no ew) and holds me. I put my arms around his neck and hold him tight.This is what I miss. We don't even have to talk to know what the other is thinking. I know what he feels by just looking into his eyes. I know what he wants, what he regrets by just touching him. I have never had this kind of relationship like I have with Tobias. Mason was nice and cared about me, but, Tobias is special. He is more than perfect for me. I know, sometimes he does stupid decisions without thinking twice but I still love him, no matter what.
He is mine and I am his, and it has been like this all along.