Chapter 36

Me and Mason are in my back yard, having a picnic and looking at the beautiful fireworks for New Year's eve. He cooked everything last night while I was asleep. We sit on the ground with huge blankets keeping us warm. I have a cup of warm tea in my hands and we talk. Then he checks his watch and he has a huge grin on his face. He starts counting down from ten as he leans down slowly, very very slowly.
  "Three, two, one. Happy New Year" Mason says and places his lips on mine. He puts his hand on my waist as he deepens the kiss. I don't kiss back, I just don't want to. I remember when me and Tobias first went out, I imagined kissing him in New Year's eve. It was the only thing I wanted. Now kissing Mason instead of Tobias, it just doesn't feel right. I pull back a little, putting my hand on the side of his face and my thumb on his lips. I shut my eyes closed and press my lips together as my eyes fill with tears.
  "Tris whats wrong?" He asks worried, placing his both hands on my head, keeping it still. I let out a sob and cover my face with my hands standing up.
  "Im sorry. I just can't do this" I say and run off. I don't know where I am running to but I just keep running and I cant stop. It is so dark I can barely see. There is snow gently falling from the sky, making my blond hair with beautiful snow flakes. I keep sobbing and crying. I wipe my tears but new ones replace the quickly. After a lot of running I stop, breathless. I try to see where I am but I don't recognize this place. There are a few street lamps but there are not many, so I can't see what my surroundings are. I breath heavily as I start to get worried. There are not many people around, almost none. There are rare cars that drive by. I see a manly figure walk up my way. I can't see him well, but I can surely see the big smirk on his face.
   "Hey blondie" he says. He looks like he is in his mid thirties. "You lost?" He asks. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that would help me but I still give my head a slight nod. "Well let me show you your way" he says and places his hand on my but. I gasp and take a few steps back. He comes closer as he touches my chest. I should at least try to get away, run off. But I am frozen, I can not move, I can not speak. His hand goes between my legs and I scream for help. He slaps me through the face and tells me to shut up. I keep screaming and yelling, but no one listens. He grabs my hair and hits my head on a buildings wall."Shut up!" He yells. I let out a sob.
   "Please, leave me alone" I say crying, but he doesn't stop. I close my eyes. I keep making stupid unforgettable mistakes. What ever happens now, will effect my life forever. If I just stayed with Mason, ignored my stupid feelings, everything would be okay. But I ran off like a child. I can't fight back, he is too strong and I am weak. I wait for him to hit or kick me but nothing happens. I hear a loud groan and I open my eyes. Someone kicked the man that was touching me. The person kicks and punches him several times. I lose my balance and fall on my knees, trying to catch my breath. I feel weak and I am not able to move. I can hear my heart beat in my head. I fall to the ground as I feel my body being carried and placed one something soft. Someone places their lips in my forehead. The place I am in starts to move, and I immediately know I am in a car. There is silence and I still don't know whats happening. I am one-hundred-percent getting kidnapped. I open my eyes slowly, trying not to make any sound. If I can open the car door and run as far as I can, maybe I can be saved. Just as I want to open the door I hear them lock and the car stop. I gasp a little trying to be quiet. I look on the mirror thats on the car and see big dar blue eyes staring at the road with a worried face. Those aren't just any eyes, they are Tobias'.
  "Tobias?" I whisper, my voice cracking. He immediately stops the car and looks back at me with a sad smile.
  "Hey" He says quietly. My eyes fill with tears as I start to cry. He gets out of the car and sits in the back seat next to me. I wrap my arms around him tightly as I cry in his chest. I sob uncontrollably as he hugs me back.
  "I missed you so much" I say sobbing and placing my hands on his chest. "Please Tobias, please don't leave me again" I say looking up at him. He gives a slight nod as he wipes my tears. "Promise?"
  "I promise" he says pulling me into his embrace once again. I ret my head on his chest as he leans on the seat frame. He keeps stroking my hair, comforting like he always used to and hushing me while placing sweet and small kisses on the top of my head. I concentrate in his heartbeat. So slow and steady compared to mine. I have a lot of questions and so does he, but we leave the, for later. After a while I calm down and my sobs stop. My breaths get more steady as my cheeks have a lot of dried tears. I hear Tobias whisper something but I can't hear him because he talks so quietly and his voice is muffles by my hair. He repeats it over and over again until I realize what he is saying, 'Im sorry. I love you. I'll never leave you again". By his sweet words comforting me I go to sleep.