Chapter 33

I slowly wake up from my sleep. I am under my bed and I have never been more comfortable, although my head hurts a lot. I stretch my arms and sigh.
  "Morning beautiful" I hear a manly voice say as I gasp a little. I open my eyes and see Mason sitting on the edge of my bed with a bouquet of flowers. "Did I wake you?" He asks and I laugh a little shaking my head.
   "What time is it?" I ask because it looks very sunny outside.
   "Its one pm" he says and my eyes widen and I get up as fast as I can "What are you doing?" He asks giggling.
   "School. We're late for school" I say and he grabs my hands and gently lays me down in my bed.
   "Today was the last day, we were only there for first period and they let us go home" he says "You are sick so you can't get out of bed" he places his hand one my forehead and presses his lips there. "You're burning" he states "Ill be back". He leaves the room and closes the door behind him.
  My mom told me that this morning she would be off shopping, Caleb is maybe at Robert's and my dad is probably in his job interview. So its just me and Mason here alone. He is here just so he can take care of me, and that makes my heart melt. I started having second thoughts about his question. Maybe it really is better if we are in a relationship. Maybe things would go smoother. If me and Mason dated, that would mean I would be in their gang, maybe. His friends are really nice and I don't think it would hurt to give him a shot.
  He comes in with water and medicine in his hands. He sits next to me and places the pills on my hand and the glass of water in the other one.
  "Bottoms up" he says. I just stare at the pills having a shivering feeling. I don't think I will ever be able to swallow pills again. I just stare at them for a long time shaking. Mason notices and gets it from my hand. He brakes it into a million pieces and now it looks like dust. He puts it in the water. Now its easier. I can just drink the water without having to swallow any pills. I stare at his eyes.
   "Thank you" I say holding his hans and giving a gentle squeeze. I drink the whole water and lay back in my bed. "So I thought about your question" I say while rubbing small circles with my fingertips on his hands and I put on a smile on my face "I think that it would be a good idea if we went out" I say and look up at him to see his reaction. He looks, maybe sad? Or confused? I don't know.
  "Maybe we should talk about this after the flue is gone" he says and I furrow my eyebrows.
   "Why not now?" I ask confused.
   "Because you are sick. Sometimes when people are sick and take medicine they start saying stuff they are not aware of, and if this is one of those moments, I don't want you to regret your decision" he says. He is the cutest thing ever. If this was someone else, they would immediately start calling me their girlfriend and wouldn't care if I mean or don't mean it.
    "I think Im aware of everything happening right now" I say smiling. I put my elbow on the bed and sit up a little while my hair go to one side.
    "You sure?" He asks and I nod. Thats when he presses his lips to mine slowly. I enjoy this moment. I pull back placing my fingers to his mouth.
   "Im sick" I say "You'll get the flue too" He giggles.
   "Then we can be sick buddies" he says and I laugh as he presses his lips to mine again. He places his hands on my back as he slowly sits me up and I put my hand on the side of his face and the other one around his neck. I pull back and rest my head on his chest as he strokes my hair. I start losing energy as my body feels limp. I close my eyes and rest. After a few minutes I can feel him laying me slowly back on the bed and tucking me in. He kisses my forehead and rubs small circles on my cheek with his thumb. I slowly drift of to sleep as he hums a sweet melody for me to go to sleep.

_______________

A/N
Hey. I am sorry, you guys are probably very mad at me on why I ruined fourtris but I swear the story will get better and a plot twist in the following chapters so please don't be mad 🙏