Chapter 3

The first day of school os today. I'm glad I know a few people from my school, and we share the same classes with some of them. I'm still a little nervous, I'm not gonna lie. Changing schools is stressful and scary. That's why I may or may have not woken up two hours earlier than I was supposed to, to get ready and mentally prepare myself for school.
    "The guy next door said he'd drive you to school today," Emilie says putting sugar in her coffee. "He said he'd be waiting outside fifteen minutes before school starts."
    "And how long is that from now?" I whine, waiting for my tea to cool.
    "He'll be waiting outside for — five minutes," she says, checking her watch so she gives me the correct information."Who is this guy anyways?" She asks, sipping her coffee and sitting legs cross on the chair.
     "He's dad's coworker's son," I say messing up the words a bit. Too may 's'-es in that sentence. "He drove me to the LA airport, and from Chicago's airport here. We also had seats next to each other in the plane."
    "I noticed he's quite hot," she says innocently, trying to hide her smirk while drinking from her mug.
    "Don't—" I say laughing and pointing my index finger at her.
     "Im just saying," she lets down her mug of coffee and wraps the blanket better around her shoulders. "Do you like him?" She asks getting all excited and bubbly.
      "No, shut up," I say truthfully, laughing and shaking my head. She shrugs her shoulder suspiciously. "I need to go now," I stand up and hug her loosely and walk towards the door. "Bye," I call out and close the door.
     And there he is. His car parked in front on the house and waiting with a slight smile on his face. "Hello, Beatrice Prior," he says in a horrible Italian accent which makes me cringe. "That bad?" He asks, speaking about the accent and the look on my face. I nod my head laughing, opening the front seat door and sitting next to him.
    "So are you exited for the first day of school?" He asks, starting his car and driving, sometimes glancing at me.
    "I guess . . . I just hope I'll make friends,"
    "I thought you already made friends with the girls. Shauna, Marlene and the others."
    "I mean, yeah, but we only hung out twice." I say sighing. "Which I guess isn't that bad, since you guys are popular," My lips curl into a smile as he chuckles and shakes his head.
     "It's weird being called popular," he laughs. "And we're not popular. Well, I guess we are, but— I don't know what to say, Tris, change the topic," I roll my eyes playfully,
      "What's your favorite movie?" I do as he says, changing the subject. He thinks for a while and then responds.
      "Finding Nemo!" He says excitedly and I widen my eyes and grin.
      "Oh my God, I was expecting an answer like Deadpool or something," I say loudly smiling. "My favorite Disney movies were and always will be Peter Pan, and Monster, Inc!"
      "Oh, yeah! The one with the blue gorilla and one-eyed booger!" He says and I shake my head.
      "Their names are James and Mike," I say and he chuckles, parking the car in the school parking. I look outside the window. The school is huge. There are so many students. So many people. "Shit, we're here. Oh God, we're here. Can I pretend I'm sick and go back home?"
      "C'mon. It can't be that bad." He says and gets out of the car, leaving me alone inside. I close my eyes and press my lips together, taking a deep breath and getting out of the car. After I close the car door, Tobias locks it from a short distance. I let out a shaky breath and look at the school and students again. My heart skips a beat when I see every single person staring at me in confusion. There's a dead silence until Tobias sighs and grabs my hand, half dragging me to where his friends stay. The silence breaks and people all start muttering and whispering to each other.
"I'm supposed to call you Four, right?" I whisper in his ear and he nods his head.
"Don't let the name come up in public."
"The name as in Tobi—"
"Don't say it!" He whisper yells. Before I can ask about it we join the group. They're having this conversation about what's their favorite restaurant and their favorite food. They're so deep in the conversation they barely notice Tobias and me.
"Why is everyone staring at me?" I ask Tobias, glaring confusedly at the students. They mostly have dirty looks on their face as they look at me and speak to others, "Is it that obvious I'm new?"
"I— em — I don't know," he shrugs his shoulders. His eyes widen with fear and he turns to the other direction. "Don't look that way. Don't look that way," he whispers at me and I obey when I see a tall girl with brunette hair walking directly at us. I try to get in the conversation, but everyone stops talking as soon as the girl squeezes between me and Tobias, pushing me away slightly, but not that harshly. We all stare at her, the others look at her in annoyance, I watch at her in confusion.
"Four, can I speak with you?" She asks, holding Tobias' hand but he pulls it away and faces her.
"Your grammar still sucks," he says sighing and facing her.
"May?" She corrects herself, rolling her eyes.
"Lauren, please. It's the first day of school, and I'm having a great time with my friends and you just ruined everybody's mood, so we'd all appreciate if you just left," he stares at her dead in the eyes, not breaking eye contact or speaking another word. She does the same. The look on her face makes it obvious that she wasn't expecting that response, so it takes her a few seconds for her to process what he just said. She lets out a sigh and walks away, bumping my shoulder harshly, making me almost lose my balance.
"Well that was awfully rude," I say rubbing my shoulder and eyeing Tobias. I'm speaking of both Tobias and the other girl. "Who is she anyways?" I ask them and the bell rings. At the sight of it, Tobias immediately walks away and doesn't look back.
"Ugh, Lauren," says Uriah in disgust, making a salty face.
"It's nothing," Zeke says quickly before anyone else can speak. "Let's just go to our classes," he eyes the others and they all leave except Christina. We just watch them as they walk away.
"Well that was awfully rude," I repeat. Christina considers if she should speak up or not, but she does.
"They dated for a few months," she says, grabbing my attention. "They weren't one of the couples that are madly in love, but they okay, I guess. I don't know what exactly happened but they broke up — Four broke up with her more specifically. She has been begging him to get back or explain herself but he always ignores her and never gives her a chance." She explains.