Chapter 30

"Beatrice" the nurse says coming in the hospital room "You are free to leave now. Your parents are outside waiting for you". I nod and sigh. I drag my feet in one of the bed sides and stare at the ground. My hair go past my shoulders and I notice that they are greasy and oily. I need to take a shower immediately. I tuck my hair behind my ear and get up. "Also, there is a handsome boy here to visit you. He is with your parents waiting for you". Is she talking about Tobias? I don't think my parents would like to stay with the person that 'almost killed me'. I walk down the halls of the hospital and I take a look at the rooms surrounding me. There are a lot of sick children, teenagers and grown ups. My heart aches while I see little kids laying in hospital beds and hearing heart monitors. I blink my tears away and keep walking. There is nothing I can do to help any of these patients.
"Tris!" I hear a voice call me and I lift my head up. Mason runs toward me and wraps his arms around me. "Tris! Thank god you're okay. I love you. I love you" he repeats. These words get me off guard but then I think, it was kind of obvious that he liked me. He kissed me more than three times in the past week. I really really like him, but Tobias is the one I love, so all of his act, telling me he loves me, kissing me whenever, is starting to make me worried. He makes me fall for him every time and I can't stop myself from liking it. I know I want to be with Tobias, I always will, but Mason keeps making me fall in love with him slowly.
I hug him back. I hear his warm breaths against my ear and they send shivers down my spine. He pulls back and stares at my eyes. His eyes are bloodshot, yet so stern, so beautiful. He smiles and so do I.
"Let's get you home" he says and wraps his arm around my waist.
"Yeah" I say "Em...Do you know where Four is?" I ask him, whispering. His eyes fill with hurt but he tries to hide it.
"They told me that he was banned from the hospital yesterday night. He can't be here until you get out of the hospital. I don't know why he was banned though" he says.
"He snook in my room last night" I say "We talked and then security took him away". He nods. "Where are my parents?" I ask, changing the topic.
"They are at the parking lot waiting for us" he says and I nod "Tris" he says and stops walking.
"Yes?"
"I've been meaning to tell you that" he pauses, and takes a deep breath "I really like you. I really really like you" he laughs a little at himself and then he presses his lips to mine. Wraps his arms around my waist and holds me tight. I don't kiss back. I feel that, if I kissed back, it would count as cheating to Tobias, even though me are not dating anymore. He then pulls back and places his hand on the side of my face and staring at my eyes. He smiles from ear to ear.
"Tris" Caleb ruins the moment, but Im happy he did. Mason immediately pulls back and Caleb gives him a dirty look. "C'mon, we are waiting for you". I nod and hug Mason.
"Goodbye" I say.
"Goodbye, see you at school" he says and waves.
"What are you doing smooching with every guy you see?" He whisper yells.
"He kissed me" I tell him "Its not my fault people like me" I say in a joking tone and he just shakes his head. I see mom and dad in the car waiting for us. I hop in the back seat and we drive home in an awkward silence.
After the car parks I rush in my aunts house and start climbing the stairs so I can go to my room.
"Don't even think about it young lady" my dad says "We have a lot to talk about". I slowly go downstairs again, scared of what will happen during this conversation.
"What are we going to talk about?" I ask, trying to keep my voice stern. I feel sweat building up in my fore head, and my hands start to shake.
"Explain" he says sitting on the couch "Everything" he adds.
"Dad" I say "I need to rest! I don't want to have this conversation right now or ever! I tried to kill myself, it didn't work. So now let me be and let me try to put my life together!" I start raising my voice.
"Okay then" he says "But there are rules"
"What rules?"
"That Eaton kid? You are not allowed to have any kind of contact with him, ever. No more cutting. You tell us everything that happens in school. And change your friends. I don't want to see you with the same people that nearly killed you" he says.
"I will do it all, but I can't stay without Tobias, dad!" I say starting to tear up and my voice cracks.
"No buts! Go to your room!" He snaps at me. I let out a sob and cover my face with my hand. I run upstairs and go to my room. I jump on the bed and cry in my pillow uncontrollably.
What if all of this is happening for a reason? I hear my phone buzz and see I have a lot of notifications. Most of them are by people at my school, apologizing. I open Tobias' messages.

Hey Tris, Im sorry I couldn't be at the hospital today but the banned me from seeing you... I really want to see you so please tell me when you have free time. I love you <3

I smile at the text a little and let my phone down. I stand up and wipe my tears. I hop in the shower and wash all of the hospital smell off me. After I get out I wear a pair of underwear and my bra. Now I always leave my curtains closed, I can't risk being in pain again. I wear a grey blouse and one of Tobias' hoodies he forgot at my house once and a pair of jeans. I get out of my room and see my mom cooking.
"Mom" I say "Amelia -a real friend of mine that helped me through things- wants me to go to her place so she can see me" I lie. I know that if I mention Tobias she won't let me go see him. She sighs.
"Fine, but be back before dinner" she says and I kiss her cheek.
"Thank you" I say and get out of the house. Tobias' house is next door so I knock on his door. He opens it and when he sees me he smiles. I go inside fast so my parents won't see me.
"Why so fast?" He asks.
"My parents" I say shaking my head "They kind of hate you" I say and he sighs. I put my arms around his neck and he places his on my waist and stare at each others eyes.
"What can I do to tell them I love you more than anything?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders. I come closer and rest my head on his chest, and listen to his heart beat. So slow, so steady. He rests his chin on the top of my head and I hear his warm breaths in my hair.  "I love you Tris" he says and for one second my heart stops. I pull back enough so I can look at his eyes. I feel the corners of my lifting upward.
"I love you too" I say and stand on my tip toes, than crash my lips in his. We move in perfect sync. I hold his head with my hands and his hands move up and down my spine. His lips are soft and warm, like always. His touch makes mw burn into a thousand flames. He gently presses me to the wall and my hands travel to his chest and I feel his muscles. I deepen the kiss. Everything is so tense at this moment.
"Who was at the doo-" I hear Olivia behind Tobias. I gasp and try to get a few steps back but I trip and smash on the door. I let out a little yell as I hold my head in the place I hit it. I curse under my breath. Tobias lets out a little laugh but then covers it by coughing. I glare at him. He grabs me bridal style and lays me on the couch.
"Do you need ice?" asks Tobias and I shake my head.
"Im sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you" Olivia says.
"Its not your fault" I say and then start laughing at my clumsiness.
"Olivia, why don't you go to your room?" Tobias says and she obeys. "What did you parents say?" He asks and I sigh.
"They told me that Im not allowed to stay with you anymore, or the rest of the gang" I say and he closes his eyes.
"What are you going to do?" He asks and I shrug. "So you're going to listen to them, aren't you?" He asks me.
"Tobias, I just said that I don't know what to do"
"But there is no way this can work if your parents don't approve!" He starts to raise his voice.
"Well its not my fault that you nearly killed me!" I snap back and immediately regret what I said. I cover my mouth. His eyes fill with hate and anger. "Tobias, I-I didn't mean that" I say standing up and grabbing his hands. He yanks his hand back and points at the door.
"Get out!" He yells at me.
"Tobias, please. Just calm down I didn't mean-" I say trying to grab his hand again but he yanks it hard this time and accidentally hits me. I let out a little yell.
"Just get out!" He yells at me. I stare at his eyes as mine start to tear up.
"If you ever talk to me again, I will kill you" I say and run out of his house slamming the door. I take a look at my hand and I see the mark of Tobias' five fingers. I get in my house and run to my room crying. My parents keep calling me and to tell them what happened but I ignore them I just slam the door in my room and sob uncontrollably in my bed. I keep yelling and smashing things. I hear several knocks on the door but I just yell for them to go away. I take off my-Tobias'- hoodie and start ripping it into pieces. I grab all the pieces and hold them tight then throw them out of the window. I sink on my knees next to the window and keep sobbing.
Its over. Its over, just because I lost my temper and said something stupid. I will never forgive myself.