Chapter 23

I haven't seen Tobias since his father took him away. Today we have school and I really hope he shows up. I have been up for hours thinking of him and the pain he and Olivia could be in right this moment. Im laying on my bead and staring at the ceiling. My aunt is still at her business trip and I think she won't come back in a while because she has a lot of other things she needs to take care of in England. My alarm clock goes up, thought I was awake all night. I turn it off and sigh. I sit up slowly and wear a white blouse with a nude pink cardigan with some blue skinny jeans. I put a little mascara and a pale pink lipstick. Im not in the mood to look like a 'queen' today. I get my backpack and I decide to walk to school because Im earlier than usual.
I wonder what happened with Tobias and Olivia. I am a little more worried for Olivia because she is younger and everything going on can cause her trauma, anxiety or panic attacks. Tobias on the other side, he has been dealing with this since he was little. I can not imagine the pain he has been through. I feel very bad for him, he never deserved this. He is the best person ever, the kindest, the most caring. How could anyone do anything like that to him?
I am at the school right now. I see our friends hanging out at our usual place. I run in hopes Tobias is there.
"Hey, is Four here?" I ask out of breath.
"What a pleasant greeting" Uriah sarcastically says and I giggle.
"I just need to talk to him" I say.
"No, I didn't see him today" Shauna says. I sigh and place my hand on my forehead. I see a guy with his hoodie up, covering his face and walking fast. That is Tobias' hoodie. I run to him.
"Four!" I call but he doesn't reply "Four!" I yell and I hear laughs. I catch up to him and grab his wrist. I pull him to a empty class room and shut the door. His hoodie covers his face. I slowly take it off slowly, reveling a lot of bruises on his face. I gasp and touch his bruises with my cold fingertips.
"What do you want?" He asks annoyed.
"Tobias, I-I want to know if you're okay, I care. Why would you-" I reply but he cuts me off
"So showing people's secrets is called caring these days?" He snaps at me.
"What are you talking about?"
"You told the whole school about my dad Tris!" He snaps again.
"Wha-"
"I trusted you! I trusted you with the biggest secret thinking you would keep it, thinking you would care! But I was wrong because you are just like all the other girls! Tris I loved you more than anything! You and Olivia are the last thing I have left and then I see that you are just playing around with me! I can not believe I trusted you! I am so stupid to even think anyone would care! We are done!" He yells and gets out of the class room. My eyes are filled with tears and I know I will break down any minute. I inhale and exhale, trying to blink my tears away. I have no idea what he is talking about. Someone told the whole school about Tobias' father, and I know who. Al. He read Tobias' diary, and he probably told it to everyone to seem cool.
I close my eyes and lets the tears stream down my face because I can't hold them in anymore. I kneel to the ground and bite my lower lip, trying to keep myself from sobbing. He left me. He left me. I guess I was just stupid to think this relationship would work out. This all is my fault, because I could of told Uriah I didn't want to spend the night with Al. If I did he wouldn't read it.
I stand up and wipe my tears away. I take a deep breath and get out of the class room. The bell rings. I am late for class. I run and run as fast as I can. I open the door of this period's class.
"Miss Prior, Why are you late?" My biology teacher asks me.
"I-I" I try to think of something to say "I has at the bathroom. Im sorry"
"Bathroom? That isn't a good enough excuse" she says rolling her eyes "Tell me the truth"
"That is the tru-"
"I want the truth!" She says louder.
"I am not comfortable telling the whole class where I was and what I was doing, Im sorry" I say and sit down on my seat, which is next to Tobias. We got seats next to each other because we used to talk to each other during class, laugh and giggle. Now he doesn't even bother to look at me. I turn my head and see him sitting silently in his seat. He looks like nothing is wrong, but I can see it in his eyes he is hurt.
"Hey, Eaton kid! Did your daddy tell you that you are a coward?" I hear Peter chuckle behind me.
"Shut up Peter!" I say.
"Oh, hey. I didn't see you there. So you're his girlfriend right? Tell us more about number boy's father" He laughs. I just turn around and punch him on the nose, hard. His nose stars to bleed and he hold it to stop bleeding. He
curses under his breath. He gets up and leaves class. I sit back down at my seat. I can't believe I just did that.
"Oh my!" Says the teacher "Class dismissed" she runs after Peter to the infirmary. Tobias gets up fast.
"Four! Four wait!" I call after him.
"Leave him alone!" Christina says "You've done enough!" She yells at me. I guess they found out about his father too. Everyone leaves class and Im the only one here. I sit on my desk. Next period starts in an hour, so I have time to clear my thoughts. The door opens and I look up.
"Hey Tris" the guy says. I know him, we have math together. His name is Mason, he is one of the popular kids but it's obvious that he isn't rude like the other 'cool kids'.
"Hi" I reply.
"I heard you broke up with Four" he says. I play with a pencil in my hands and I don't make eye contact.
"That literally just happened twenty minutes ago. How come you know?"
"Its trending in school" he replies sadly and I sigh "Im sorry"
"But who told the school about...you know...Four" I ask trying not to be too specific.
"Al said you told him to tell everyone" he says "I don't believe him though. That isn't something you would do"
"What? He said that?" I ask crossing my arms and looking up at him, he slowly nods "He didn't respect his privacy, I tried to stop him but..." I sigh closing my eyes. I feel his hand warming my shoulder. I look at him, his eyes are a beautiful shade of brown, his hair is not too long or too short, a little messy but it looks cute on him. His eyes are steady and he stares at me. I have this weird feeling in my stomach. He looks so kind, caring and nice.
"If he thought you would of done that" he says "Than he wasn't worth it". He gives me a little smile and so do I.
"Thank you" I say honestly "I need to go to lunch now". He nods.
"We should hang out sometime" he says and I smile.
"Sure" I say and walk out of the classroom grinning like a freak.