Chapter 47

"Tobias! Thats enough. You spent more than three-hundred dollars in only five stores" I say sighing "Im happy with all you got me and I don't need more" I say and stop letting down the bags full with clothes, shoes and hair accessories. He stops too and looks at me. I wrap my arms around his waist and place my head on his chest. "Thank you" I say looking up and smiling. "Let's go home now. Okay?" He nods giving me a small smile.
    "But can we buy only one more thing?" He begs "Literally just one more thing. Please" His eyes are full of hope and he holds my hand wishing for me to approve. I sigh in defeat.
    "Fine, only one" I repeat reminding him. He smiles and carries my bags and I get the left ones that he can't grab. I follow him and he holds my hand and laces our fingers. He walks towards a jewelry store grinning and I stare at the store shocked. The shop opened a few weeks ago and everything is very expensive, but so beautiful and charming. He opens the door for me and I go inside. It seams like Im in heaven. Everything is so breathtaking and beautiful. There are so many diamonds that reflect the lighting perfectly. Tobias walks to the front desk with a huge smile placed on his lips.
    "Tobias Eaton" he says his name. The man in the front desk smiles as he remembers him.
    "Hello Tobias" The man says in a real Italian accent. "This is the girl?" He asks and Tobias nods. Tye man goes to the back room to go and find something. I slowly walk closer to Tobias. He stares at me, like Im the most beautiful thing in this room that's filled with diamonds and gold.
     "Tobias" I whisper holding his hand. "Everything here is so expensive" I say closing my eyes and pressing my forehead to his shoulder. He lets the bags down and wraps his arms around me and strokes my hair. "I don't want you to buy me anything here. The price of the stuff here is twice than everything we bought till now" I look up at him and he sadly smiles.
     "Well I guess I don't care" he says and laughs a little. The man comes again holding a medium sized box in his hand. He hands it to Tobias and he slowly opens it. In the box, there is a breathtaking necklace. Its a locket and its silver. Tobias slowly takes it from the box and wraps it around my neck. I am shocked while I take the beautiful locket on my hands staring at it with amazement. When I open the locket, there is a picture of me and Tobias back when we were just friends, in this mall before school even started. Also the letter T is craved into it. My eyes glisten with tears as I look up at him. I throw my arms over his neck tightly and he hugs me back. His grip tightens and he lifts me up a little.
    "Thank you" I whisper, my voice muffled. My fingers curl on the back of his shirt and then I pull back. "I love it" I say holding the locket in my hand and holding it tight in my fist. "Thank you" I repeat as I close my eyes trying to to cry. He wraps his arms around my back and holds me tight. He kisses the top of my head and strokes my hair. We pull back and stare at each other's eyes. He is so pure, so handsome. I can't find the right words to describe him. He gives me a peck on the lips and and grabs the bags once again. I do the same and we walk out of the store.
"Thank you Nero!" Tobias says before closing the door. "Ill buy the engagement rings here too" he jokes and we laugh. He holds my hand once again as we go for the parking lot.
So Tobias spent more than one-thousand-dollars on clothes, shoes, hair accessories and jewelry for me. Me, Beatrice Prior, the girl that constantly keeps keeping secrets from her boyfriend. When you put it that way, my heart aches and I have chest pain. I just shiver it off and continue walking.
I honestly do not deserve Tobias. He is too good for me. He would never keep secrets from me. He always tells me everything. This voice in my head, keeps telling me to let Tobias know about everything, but Im not really sure. Its not that I don't trust him with this information, of course I do...But I know that he, me and my family could be in danger. All of us. So lets put it this way.
Tell Tobias - He or my family dies.
Don't tell Tobias - He or my family dies because there is no way Im getting those five-hundred-dollars for this month.
My family, Tobias and Olivia are already all in danger, so maybe, if I tell Tobias, he could make it stop. I don't know how, but maybe, somehow, he would. We get to the car and Tobias opens the back door of the car and places the bags and so do I. He opens my door and I sit in the car.
This is a safe place, I tell my self. Tell him now and no one will hear it.
He comes inside the car and sits. When he is about to start the car I stop him.
"Wait" I say. "I want to tell you something" and that's when my phone rings. I glance at my phone to see who its from. Eric...

I wouldn't do that if I were you...I would really miss my daddy :( -E

My heart beats faster than ever as I look around to see anyone keeping an eye on us. There is no one there, so I have no idea, how Eric knows what Im doing and what I want to do. Is he reading my mimd? Did he take control of my thoughts? I stutter as I lock the phone. That is when I realize, that this isn't just a joke. This situation I am in, there is no way out. I have been spied on all day and I will probably be for the rest of my life. I slide the phone in my pocket and I smile at Tobias.
"I just wanted to thank you again" I say smiling. "For everything. It means so much to me, to know that you care" I say and press my lips to his. He puts on a smile on his face, but I can see that behind that smile, he is hurt. Hurt, because he knows Im keeping something from him. Hurt, because he thinks I don't trust him.