Chapter 34

"Mason put me down!" I yell giggling. I am on his back and he runs round my backyard. He keeps running and pretending to fall down so he can scare me. I can't stop laughing and neither can he. He slips on ice and falls on the ground and I am now on top of him. First I want to get up but he wraps his arms around me so we just lay on the ground, me on top of him. He lifts his head up and gives me a peck on the lips and I do the same. I am wearing a winter jacket and a hat with a scarf that covers my mouth a little. He slips off the scarf and presses his lips to mine. His lips, so warm in this winter blizzard, so soft. I place my hand on the snow for balance while he slowly sits up without breaking the kiss. I am so lost in our lips against each other that I forget that I am freezing. He pulls back and wraps my hands in his while he rubs them, to keep me warm.
  "Lets go inside" he says "Its getting cold" I nod. We get up and he holds my left hand as we walk inside. In my house its very warm so I immediately start sweating because of the folds of clothes I am wearing. I groan and get all of the extra pieces of clothes off as fast as I can, leaving only my tee shirt and my leggings on. Mason laughs and picks up my clothes from the floor and starts folding the,
   "You don't have to. I can do it" I say.
   "Its okay, Ill do it. You can rest because you are still a little ill" he says and I nod, giving him a peck on the cheek. He folds my clothes and puts them on the table. "Want some tea? Coffee?" He asks.
   "Ill have some tea" I say and he goes to the kitchen. "So when does school start again?" I ask.
   "January sixth" he says and I nod. "Will your parents be here for New Year?" He asks and I shake my head.
   "My dad didn't get the job so I think they will be going back to LA. And this blizzard is too much for them to handle" I laugh. "And now that they know Im with you they are less worried because they know I am safe with you". A smile creeps on his lips as he puts the warm tea in my favorite mug on the table.
   "I was thinking that we could celebrate New Year together, you know?" He says and I smile.
   "It's a wonderful idea" I say and give him, a peck on the lips and drink my tea.
   "So" he says "Tell me something" I laugh a little
   "What should I tell you?" I ask giggling.
   "I mean, I know you but...I don't know you" He says and I laugh. "I don't know your likes and dislikes, your favorite color, your favorite place and those stuff"
   "Well my favorite color is grey and my favorite place is the beach" I say. "I also like picnics and dogs"
   "What are your plans, for the future?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders.
   "I don't know" I say "Em...Maybe be a humanitarian? No, too formal...Em... I honestly have no idea" He laughs. "What about you?"
    "Well" he pauses "Maybe, I want to be a boxing teacher" he says and I widen my eyes.
    "You're good at boxing? I always thought you wanted to be a doctor or something like that" I say. I really like it that, even though he has the chance to be a doctor, lawyer -because he is perfect at pretty much everything- he still chooses something he likes. "I never thought you would like being a boxer or something like that, I always thought you were the scientist kind" I say and his smile fades. He stares at the ground.
   "I have to go" he says and I raise my eyebrows.
   "Is it something I said?" I ask worried and he shakes his head, I sit next to him and place my hand on the side of his face "Mason what happened?"
   "Are you going to leave me now because I don't want to grow up being a doctor but a boxer teacher?" He asks avoiding my eyes.
   "Of course not" I say confused "Why would I?" I ask him.
   "Because my last girlfriend, she did" he says. Its very stupid, how people use one-another. Well obviously his last girlfriend, only wanted to date him because she thought he would be some kind of famous doctor with money so he can spend on her. I am not that person, I would never date anyone just because of looks, or money or anything like that.
   "Mason, I would never" I say pulling him into an embrace. I hear him whisper a 'Thank you' as he holds me tighter. I pull back and stare in his eyes, filled with fear and sadness. I slowly kiss him, to take his mind off things. My hands move to his dirty blonde hair as I grab-stroke them. His hands go to my waist but after a while he pulls back.
   "I should really get going, I have box practice" he says and I nod. Before he leaves I give him a peck on the lips and then he walks away. I go to my room and slide under the sheets.
  I wonder what Tobias would think about this, about me and Mason. Would he be okay with it? I bet he wouldn't, but he always wants what's best for me, and ,maybe this is it. The best for me. But no matter how much I love Mason, how much I want to be with him, Tobias will always have his special place in my heart, and the sweet painful pleasure of loving Tobias Eaton will never, ever go away.