In the Full Moon Club, A Birthday Gone Wrong

Authors Note: 

This will be the last short chapter. After this I am planning on making them a lot longer. If you like the length it is now, let me know! If you like the story, have suggestions, or want more comment/vote/and follow! Enjoy, and Happy Reading!

______________________________________________________________________________

       The closer I got to the big metal door, the more I could smell my own kind. There wasn’t just that smell of wood, of leaves, and earth; I could smell sweat, the sound of loud music and hard breathing, and when I entered the sight of beings rubbing their skin against another. There were bright pulsing lights, drinks, and the weirdest thing; I could have sworn that most of them had glowing eyes. Alexander was the first to disappear with his girl into the night. I had lost the others in the whirling motions of endless movements and people. I could hear their hearts beating hard.

          I turned around and saw that no one was there, and I started to panic. I turned back around and smacked right into Zane. Intuitively I threw my fist forward and punched him straight in the chest. It didn’t hurt him, but for dramatic effect he stepped back and grabbed at his heart like it had. “Ouch Ava, it’s only me! Oh man that hurt.” He made a pained face and then saw how scared I was. “Are you okay?” he asked brushing his hand under my hair and around my neck, pulling me into a small, protective hug.

          Suddenly he pulled back and turned around sharply. In front of him there was a very tall man, slender, and the darkest eyes I had ever seen. His face was plump with muscle, and his hair was oddly grey with his young face. “Zane? Zane, what in the world!” he reached forward to give him a hug, and reluctantly Zane did the same and patted his back in that man-hug way. “What are you doing here man? You here to party with us pal?” he asked getting excited, but Zane took a step back trying to hide me from them. What was this? Was this one of those dark things Alice had told me about? Perhaps it was one of the secrets that I was warned to keep my nose out of.

          I was pulled easily to the side, and turned sharply to realize it was Max grabbing me, as Alice took my place shaking her head. He put his finger to his lips, begging me to keep quiet and to mind my own business. I stopped harshly, yanked my hand out of his, and spoke very sternly. “What is going on?” I demanded.

          Max perused his lips, looking around for any prying eyes. “Look, can we just talk about this later. It really isn’t my place to talk about Alexander’s business with Zane and those dirty outsiders. All I can say now is that those are city wolves, and this is their territory.” He tried to explain. “Look, we just need to enjoy ourselves while we can okay?” he smiled, trying to pull me out onto the dance floor.

          I hesitated, watching Alice put her hand on Zane’s shoulder as she argued angrily with the laughing man. When I turned back toward Max, alexander was standing there furious. “Ava, their business is their business. Go dance and enjoy yourself.” He said and then turned around pulling Kelly back into the crowd. I would have rather not, but for some reason when Alexander asked something of you, you just wanted to do it for him. Plus, this was my chance to get closer to Max.

          I took his hand and we blended into the jumble of people wearing tight clothing and a lot of skin showing. I felt a little uncomfortable with everyone brushing against me, but then I looked into Max’s unbelievably green eyes and was lost into them. It was just me and him on the glowing floor, under the radiant lights. His hand wrapped into mine as my feet moved along with his, a different language pounding in my ears as we moved easily along with the others. We slithered through the mass and ended up next to the rest of our group. Alexander smiled at me from the side, and then I realized Alice and Zane still hadn’t joined us.