Into Wolf City

Authors Note:

Please vote if you like the story!!. Enjoy, and Happy Reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Zane opened the door, and it didn’t surprise me that it wasn’t locked. I mean they were only right down the hall. The room smelled like a normal person’s house; like cleaning supplies and home. There was a brown leather couch on top of a large square rug covering a wood floor across from a small flat screen bolted to the wall. There were pictures of forests and the city, and the only window was next to the front door and across from that the small kitchen that hid the three bedrooms in the back.

           I stopped a moment before I crossed over the threshold to look at the life that could be mine. A brother and a sister that lived together in a perfect little home right around the corner from the city, and behind it, nothing but forest. I knew that my mom and dad wouldn’t be happy about me wanting to move out, but then they weren’t really my parents. Zane shut the door behind me as I walked in. This wasn’t the first time that I had been in their home because we had been friends for a long time and I had come by often.

          Zane and Alice were like my siblings. We did a lot of everything together, and we always had each other’s backs. I knew that as soon as Zane turned eighteen, he moved into this apartment and Alice had come with him. Their parents were pretty close to mine, but they weren’t very close to their children. They had always had different opinions about everything and anything. Zane and Alice, like me, enjoyed the power of the wolf, whereas their parents, like mine, didn’t. I guess most of the younger generations loved the city and their wolf powers.

          We all sat at the small table in the kitchen and looked at each other before Alice spoke after a few short seconds. “Okay so this is my plan. We sit here and enjoy the company of wonderful friends, and then towards sun down we drink and party here until we decide to go off into the woods and start the campfire with even more alcohol!” She was smiling big and I couldn’t help but join in with the expression.

          “That sounds good. What are we going to do till sundown?” I asked curious, and she shrugged.

          “I’m not sure; I didn’t expect you to get here till later.”

          I looked over at Zane who wasn’t looking at anything in particular. “What do you think?” I asked him, and he looked at me with his eyes wide.”

          “Whatever you want birthday girl.” He beamed and then looked at Alice who looked at him with a look that didn’t understand why he was looking at her.

          We talked a while about our past and our good times together, planned a little more for the party, and watched some television. At one point while Zane was in his room, Alice dared me to go throw an egg at him, so I did. I had opened his door, beamed the egg at his face, and with a crack the yolk slid in his perfectly messy hair. His hands went up in surprise as he turned around with a face full of shock. “Really?” he asked shaking his hands like some had gotten on them.

          He jumped forward and wrestled me to the ground, grabbing some of the yolk and rubbing it all over my face. I rolled over on top of him and out of my pocket quickly grabbed another egg and cracked it on his forehead. Alice was steadily taking pictures as music was playing vibrantly from the television. “Oh no, you didn’t!” he yelled playfully as he grabbed my shoulders, pinned me to the ground, and hovered over me. The messy and sticky juices on his face started to drip from his hair onto me and then flew every which way as he shook his head.