daughter of hell 14

Start from the beginning

I moved with Luci in my arms to the living room. Wow. I had never seen so much luxury in my life nor had I in my afterlife, it looked fitting for a king. I sat down in a loveseat, Luci curled up in my arms like a kitten. I rested my chin on her brilliant red hair. She slowly stroked the scars of my wrists - where I had slid them - in a soothing gesture as if trying to undo my pain.

She always sensed my dark moods. Luci was one of the strongest empaths to have ever lived. It both amused and annoyed me. Amused me because she was Lucifer, Satan's daughter and incredible in tune with other people's emotions. Annoying because I didn't want to burden her with my pain as well, I knew she didn't need more. She'd had enough of that by growing up with her ruthless, frigid mother.

That was the price I paid for feeling joy, I could feel all those years of pain and loneliness too. Sometimes those pent-up emotions piled up and crashed out in one dark mood.

"Don't be sad." She pleaded in a little girl's voice. I let out a bitter laugh. Like I had a choice in the matter, but I didn't want Luci t know how I felt. Pretty stupid with her being an empath and all, but I had this stupid feeling that admitting pain was a weakness. I knew it was, expierence had learned me ot to count on human generosity. "You have me now, you need to let it go. It'll consume you if you won't leave that shit in the past." She didn't evne know half of the things that I had done. Yes, she knew I had lived a hard life, but she didn't know about the robbery, theft, murder, treachery, and so on. I'd been a scumbag, one of those horrible people she thought deserved the forever torture of the all consuming flames of Hell. Even when I had been alive I had known I'd go to Hell one day. The thing I had done... and still I felt no guilt. I didn't regret killing the people I assassinated for an extra penny. The people I had killed had had it coming, I just had speeded up the proces. Childmolesters, wifebeaters, corrupted politicians, crooks. Their sins had been greater than mine, and that said something. But I had felt like I hadn't had anything to live for. I had felt like doing all that shit for saving my own sorry but, wasn't worth it. The emptiness of my life, living to survive, the uselessness of it had one day become too much for me. I had slid my wrists with the same knife I had slid a dozen of throats with. It was only later that I found out it had been a demon who had whispered suicide in my ear. It had been Luci who had found out who the demon was, it was Luci who avenged my death, evin if it was the best thing that had happened to me. It had lead me to her.

"With you by my side I don't need to forget. I can face anything the fates want to suffer upon me, even an archangel wouldn't be an obstacle." She chuckled against my chest. "I'd like to see you face Gabriel. He'll bore you to death before the swords cross." THIS was something I had trouble with getting used to. I had never believed in heaven or angles. Luci knowing them, like they were everyday creatures... It was hard to wrap my my mind around. So she knew an archangel. I was the weird one; I accepted Luci being Satan's daughter more easily than believing angels did roam the earth from now and then.

I had yet to see one. After a few more moments of silence I felt her stir. She shifted her weight untill she was comfortable and could lean her head in the crook of my shoulder and look up to me. She had the most amazing eyes, that colour of green was the evidence that she was not earthy, nor heavenly. Such a fluo variant of green could only be seen in Hell. The green of the forever filds, vibrant and peaceful with the dangerous flare of fire that could leap up out of nowhere. Deceitful innocence with a spunky flint of mischieve. Or just Luci.

"I'm glad you came. I've been needing to talk to someone. Someone I know I can trust." She got my attention. What could be wrong?

"I got a problem. My powers are faltering." What?! This was bad. I fanyone found out the challenges would come. Challenging her position s second in command of Hell. Such a challenge often resulfted into dead! Luci was strong, wicked powersome and I had never doubted her ability to win a fight and getting out of one untouched, but this changed everything. People knew of her power and challenges were scares but if her powers were faltering. I never had felt such frightening fear as I did right now for Luci's life. We needed to fix this problem. But how?

"I'm not scared, Marcus." She touched m face in a comforting gesture lik eI was a timid child who needed to be reassured that the boogieman would not come out of the closet. "And neither do you need to be on my behalf." I pulled my head awayn onnoyed at her lack of distress. You're vulnerable without your powers. You need at least some power."

"And I still have."

"How..."

"I'm more than a demon, or have you forgotten?"

"Angels." I scoffed. "I have yet to see prove of such a fantasy."

"How can you believe in demons and the lore, but not in angels?"

"So prove me wrong." I challenged her, not for the first time, knowing she wouldn't rise to the bait. For such a hothead, she remains remarkably calm on this subject.

"I don't need to probe myself. I know my own strenght. I've had the training and the power and I haven't forgotten how to wield them. If necessary I'll hold my own in a fight. I'd just rather do it with my demon powers, less pain appeals to me more for some reason." Great, she was back at being sarcastic.

"Less pain?" I asked confused.

"Conjuring an angelweapon hurts fucking much." She explained. "Conjuring several feels like being skinned alive and have someone rub some salt in it."

Switch P.O.V. (Luci)

"Conjuring several feels like being skinned alive and have someone rub some salt in it."

I was getting myself worked up and felt my demonpowers rise. A thick haze fo anger clouded my eyes and I knew they must be pitch black by now. Small sparks of fire sprang from my fingertips. "So please, don't blame me if I'm not rushing myself to give ou your precious prove. Angels exist, get over it, Marcus."

All of the sudden my powers left me, it felt like someone had threw a bucket of ice cold water over my head. I saw Marcus' eyes become wide in surprise and I knew he felt his won power get drained from him too. Should I be happy that I wasn't the only one?

"What the Hell is going on here?"

Yeah, that's what I would like to know, but the voice didn't belong to the demons in the room that had gotten their powers sucked from them. I turned my head around and saw Mr. Cocky standing in the bedroomdoorway. If this had been a cartoon steam would be coming out of his ears out of rage. So he hadn't left the dorm after our argument. He must have come back when I was in the bathroom. I looked over at Marcus and saw he had come to the same conclusion as me. In some way, that I didn't understand, Mr. Cocky had something to do with our powers being drained. I could feel my angel magic buzzing in the background as a defensive weapon to make up for my earlier loss of power.

Shit.