Chapter 23: Ohhh Confessions

Start from the beginning

It started when a girl walked passed River and as she did, she slid a piece of paper that had her number written on it onto his lap.

"He's taken, sorry." I told her as she walked away. I didn't say it out of jealousy, I simply said it because it was the truth and I wasn't gonna let the asshole play with the poor girl's feelings knowing he had a girlfriend.

"Ignore her. I'll call you later." River said to the girl. She smiled at him and walked away.

I looked at him in disgust.

"You're such a man whore." I stated while rolling my eyes.

"Who said I was gonna bang her?" He questioned as he stared at me.

"You didn't have to say it. I already know you're going to. That's kinda what you do." I responded with a bit of an attitude.

"Why does it matter to you?" He asked.

Was this guy serious? God, what's wrong with him.

"Because you have a girlfriend and you shouldn't be taking girl's numbers and telling them that you're gonna call them! That's considered cheating!" I shot back.

"And your point is....? If I cheat then that's my problem not yours. I can't help the fact that my overly good looks attract women to me." He slyly stated.

"You're so damn arrogant and a pig. I can't believe you're actually gonna call her." I said not realizing how jealous I sounded.

"Oh, I see what's happening. You still like me." He replied with that infamous smirk.

"I like you? That's funny because I don't actually. In fact, I never even liked you in the first place. I was just going through a phase." I bluntly said, obviously lying.

"Damn." He began. "That hurts...but it's alright because quite frankly, I don't like you either."

"Good." I said. "And wow did that really hurt? Thats a surprise...I didn't think you had a heart."

"Ha, funny huh? Well you see, I had a heart once, but it got broken by a pretty little lady like yourself a a while back." He replied.

"Good for her. She dodged a bullet."

"She was a lot like you. Overdramatic, fiesty, but we clicked you know."

"Thought you didn't like me?" I asked, annoyed.

"Trust me, I don't. But I still think you're gorgeous." He stated still smirking at me.

"Trusting you is the last thing I'll ever do, asshole."

"Hm, smart girl. Sucks that all of that intelligence is spent on calling me out everytime I even look at a girl. Jealousy isn't healthy Cassidy."

"For the last time, I'm not jealous! I dont care that you flirt with girls 24/7 even though you're in a relationship with someone who's not even that pretty."

Okay, after that I knew I was jealous because in all honesty his girlfriend was an absolute babe. I wasn't telling him that though.

"Wow that's low, even for you." He said. "What, you want me to dump her and be with you?"

He grinned and I wanted to punch him in the throat. He thought everything was a game and hardly took anything serious.

"Why would I want a cheating, conniving, lying, arrogant, douchebag like you?" I asked.

"You forgot manipulative." He remarked. " And well because you wanted me three months ago even though you knew I was those things."

"Burn in hell." I replied.