Chapter 33: Jin and Taehyung's Birthday : End

Start from the beginning

I pouted and just sat there for 5 seconds. I didn't want our hands to let go.

"You better go before he leaves you." Jungkook walked into the room. "Go make him happy y/n... I really feel bad for hyung. I can't sleep knowing that he's feeling this way."

"Me neither." Jimin walked behind Jungkook and nudged him. "Go have fun with him." Jimin tossed me money and I caught it.

"This is your money you saved up Jimin, I'm not gonna use it." I tossed it back to him.

"Use it because I gave it to you." He walked to me and took my hand, putting the money back into my hand, and closing it. "Think of it as a thank you for bringing my parents here." He kissed my head. "You're the sweetest."

I nodded, "I'll try."

---

In the car w/ Taehyung

---

It was back to the awkward silence like before. I was driving this time. I could see in the corner of my eye, Taehyung laying his head on the window, looking outside.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He blew his warm breath on the window and drew a tiny heart.

"What is?"

"The world... It's so fascinating." His voice hummed.

"Yeah, it is."

"I want to travel with you one day. Just you and me on the road. I want to have fun times with you."

"Well, let's do it. Let's do it soon...." I gripped the wheel, "Taehyung?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you want to do for tonight? We can go anywhere you want! I'll do whatever you want. Just you and me." We stopped at a red light and I put my right hand on top of his hand.

"I don't know..." He whined.

"Like you said, you want fun times with me. Let's start today."

"Are you sure? You're the driver, let's do something you want to do ." He flipped his hand over so we could hold hands. "I don't have anything in mind." He closed his hand and locked it tightly.

"Okay.." I bit my bottom lip, I couldn't think of anything. "What about go-cart?"

"Nahh."

"Lazer tag?"

"Mmm... Nah."

"...Just wanna walk around the park or something?"

He squeezed my hand for a second, "Yeah."

Back to the awkward silence before. I wonder what he was thinking. Yeah, I know he hates his dad at the moment, but what was he thinking about?

About 30 minutes later, we arrived at the park. He quickly scurried out of the car and ran from me. "What is he doing?" I said to myself.

I grabbed my keys and left my car. I could see him running and running and running. "TAEHYUNG!" I cupped my hands around my lips. "TAEHYUNG WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

For some reason I couldn't chase after him. I knew he'll be back.

A couple passed me and gave me this disgusted look. "Sorry." I bowed.

I found an empty bench near a tree and decided to wait for him there. I took out my phone and read the time. "9:50PM"

"Come back soon Taehyung." I sighed and cold air flew out of my mouth. I was a bit scared. Something could happen to him, but all I could do is just sit there and wait. I had this instinct that he really wanted to be alone for now.

---

Taehyung's P.O.V.

---
I run, run, run. I can’t stop. Run, run, run again. I can’t help it. This is all I can do anyway. All I know is how to love you. Run, run, run again.

Too many thoughts ran through my mind. I couldn't process what the heck I was thinking, but all I knew was, I was running. I felt free from everything at the moment. I felt good, I felt better.

Something was falling from my face. I slowly stopped running and looked up, there wasn't any rain. I sniffled and wiped my face, it was tears.

Now, I was processing everything.

My dad slapping me because I wanted to be with y/n, my dad not accepting me for who I loved, him yelling at my own mother, him dating y/n's mom... What the hell was he thinking? Why would he want to make such a big scene during Jin's birthday? And my birthday party. Today was supposed to be a happy day...

"You're an idiot." I looked up to the sky and stared at the tiny white dots floating in the dark blue.

Maybe I was the idiot. No, I AM the idiot. I knelt down on both my legs. I let out a long screech escape my mouth. I could barely breathe after a minute past. I stood back up and breathed heavily.

I left y/n back at the parking lot. I wondered if she was looking for me or if she just waited. She usually would chased after me, but I had a feeling she wasn't.

I wanted to stay a little longer by myself, but I couldn't leave her alone. I decided to go back and find her.

After all these years, she has never left my mind. Even after I met so many girls during my singing career, I love her more than anything. More than ARMYs and I LOVE ARMYs.

I finally got back to y/n and her eyes were closed. "y/n?"

"HM?" She threw her fists in the air. She looked like she was going to fight me. "Oh sorry. You're back." She yawned and rubbed her eye. "Sit down." She patted the empty spot next to her.

I sat next to her, but I didn't want to say anything.

"Isn't it beautiful tonight? Not too cold, not too hot. It's just right." She looked up and smiled. The stars reflected onto her eyes. Her eyes were the stars.

"Thanks." I smiled, I leaned against her and rested my head on her arm.

She didn't say anything, but just wrapped her arm around me so that she can hug me.

"Thanks." I whispered.