Chapter 17: The Halloween Birthday - Part Four

We finally made it to my place. The officers walked us inside the house and assured us that everything was going to be fine.

"Can you please make sure that they're not inside my house?" I asked.

"Of course ma'am. Hey man, you stay outside to keep patrol for now, I'm gonna check around the place and make sure everything's locked and okay." He pointed outside for the other officer to go outside and he did as he said.

"Wanna follow me?" He asked.

I nodded and followed behind him.

We made sure that every window, door, or any kind of entrance was locked. Everyone stayed in the living room while me and the officer checked the rooms upstairs. Taehyung wanted to tag along, but Jessica didn't 'feel safe' if he wasn't there by her side.

We finally made it to my room. The officer opened the door slowly and turned on the lights. Everything was a mess.

"Sorry.... I haven't cleaned my room for a while now." I chuckled.

"Oh, thought the robbers just destroyed your room and left the place like this." He walked inside and checked under the bed, the bathroom, and closet.

"Funny." I leaned against the doorway to wait for him to finish searching.

He locked my windows and finally took me back downstairs.

"Looks like upstairs is fine, I'll check the basement and if everything's fine there, you guys can rest and we'll be out there patrolling."

"Thank you Officer?"

"Officer Smith. My partner out there is Officer Grace. Forgot to tell you guys are names, what great officers are we." He sarcastically said.

He walked his way to the basement door. "This the basement?"

I nodded.

He turned the knob and walked downstairs. Namjoon stood from his seat and followed him behind.

"Namjoon..." I held my hand out to him, "Let him go on his own please."

"Hey, we let you go upstairs with him, my turn to go." He said.

"Fine..." I put my hand back down and watched him walk down the stairs as well. He disappeared in the darkness of my basement.

I walked across the living room and into the kitchen. I opened my fridge and grabbed a couple of water bottles. I closed the fridge door and walked back to the living room.

"Here guys." I dropped all the water bottles on purpose which made loud thuds on the floor.

"Hey! You guys good up here?" Namjoon came running back upstairs with Officer Smith behind him.

"Yeah, I just dropped the water bottles on the floor." I grinned slightly and sat on the floor.

I picked them all up and put them on the table in front of me.

"Alright, seems like the basement is also clear. I'll be outside with Officer Grace if you need me." He walked out the house and shut the door.

May got up and locked it, she made sure the door was secure.

She sighed and sat beside me. She hugged me and cried in my shoulder, "Sorry for a shitty birthday y/n."

I patted her head, "Thanks."

"We should sleep downstairs... Seems more safe to be downstairs than up here. You can pretty much hear everything downstairs." Namjoon told everyone.