Chapter 7: BURGER KING!

Two months have passed since my mom passed away. I've locked myself away from everyone for those two months. Never contacted anyone, no contacted me, I abandoned everything and everything abandoned me.

I was still living in New York. If I lived with my dad in Pennsylvania, everything would have felt out of place since my mom was no longer there. Marcus contacted me once if he could live with me, but I refused because someone had to support our father. That was right after my mom passed away.

I finally had the courage to call May over to my place to talk.

"May, it's y/n. If you get this message, can you come over? See you." I hung up and got out of bed.

I walked my way to bathroom and tripped from a pile of dirty clothes I haven't washed for weeks.... I was a huge bum.

I walked over it and looked at myself through the mirror. My hair was a mess, there was drool on my face, I had bags under my eyes, and my clothes looked like rags.

"Holy shit." I laughed. "I'm so ugly."

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I finally looked normal, except for my hair and clothes.

I heard knocks on the door and I assumed it was May. I walked slowly downstairs and opened the door.

"Holy shit, you're a mess." She walked inside and pinched her nose.

"Damn this house smells. How long haven't you cleaned it?!"

"Forever." I sighed and walked upstairs.

She followed behind, "Dude you need to take a shower." She rushed me upstairs and pushed me into the bathroom.

"Take off your clothes dude!" She held her nose.

I didn't care if she was standing there watching me strip off my clothes, she was like a sister to me.

"Sorry I didn't call or text you this whole time...." I jumped into the shower and turned on it. I moved the curtain so she wouldn't feel awkward talking to me.

"It's okay, you wanted your time off from everyone and I understand that... But you took way too long to recover and you stink." She laughed.

"Everyone's been down since you haven't contacted them. Oh and, your friends from Korea are moving here. They're currently moving into their new home, it's literally down the street. Wanna go say hi after this?"

"Sure." I said quietly.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to..."

"It's not that. It's just that... I'm afraid that they're gonna be angry because I didn't say anything to them for so long." I scrubbed my body down with peach scented body wash.

"They're not going to be mad at you y/n, they'll be understanding! You've been through so much and they know that. They're your best friends, they should understand you wanted to be left alone for a while. End of discussion, we're going to see them. Now wash your hair, I'll be in your room."

"I don't think you want to go in there May... It's a mess."

She peaked through the curtain and looked at me up and down, "And you're a mess." She smiled and trotted out the bathroom.

"HOLY SHIT." She screamed, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ROOM?!"

I just bursted out laughing because of her reactions to everything.

"I miss that laugh of yours... We need to hang out again like we used to y/n. Time to get your life back."

She continued talking about how I needed a boyfriend or a husband, a dog or a cat, more friends, and to clean this place up.