Chapter 19: The Halloween Birthday - Part Six

Taehyung's P.O.V.

----

I ran back to the kitchen to get another knife just in case I lost the other. I took the knife out of it's holder and put it in the sweater I was wearing.

I had to protect y/n... If they kill her, everything to me seems... pointless.

I quickly, but quietly, ran to the basement and made sure it was locked. The house was so dark that all you can see were shadows. As I heard voices coming from outside, I unplugged and smashed all the lights I could find.

"The fucking door won't open Steven!" Ryan yelled from outside.

I rolled on the ground and checked the front window to see where they were. I peeked through the hole and they were right in front of y/n's porch.

The only thing I could do is just wait for them to get inside. Or wait for the cops to get them. There weren't any entrances to get inside either. I locked all of the entrances as possible.

"The garage." Steven whispered to Ryan. "There's a hole in her garage we could go through there then kick open the door to get inside." 

What?! A hole!? Goddammit y/n.

I zoomed through the living room and back into the kitchen. I picked up y/n's phone that she left under the counter.

"Hello?" I whispered.

"Yes, I'm here, hello who is this?" The operator said.

"Kim Taehyung. Are you guys anyway near us yet?! I don't want anyone getting hurt!"

"Sorry sir, but your location is a bit farther, you'll have to wait."

"YOU CAME SO QUICK BEFORE! what the hell is this?! 'farther' my ass."

I put the phone back down and shut the kitchen's light. I went to one of her cabinets and grabbed powder and her cereal.

There wasn't any time to argue with the operator for being "farther".

The garage door was being banged on by their feet. I immediately opened the bag of powder and cereal, poured it on the floor, and ran around the house trying to get the floor slippery.

The door finally broke down and I got back into the area of the basement door. I tried hiding in the corner with the coat hangers preventing them from seeing me.

"Why is there white shit and cereal on the floor man? They're ruining my shoes." Ryan whined.

"Shut the hell up man, we're here to kill that chick. If Jessie finds out we didn't kill her were fuckin' dead for sure."

I heard footsteps slowly coming the area I was in.

"HELPPPP!" I heard Jessica scream from the basement. "HELP ME!"

Fucking shit.

"SHUT THE HELL UP JESSICA!" y/n yelled back.

I suddenly heard a couple huge thuds against the wall.

"JESSIE!" Steven ran to the basement door and started banging on it.

"Let me shoot the door open man!" Ryan pushed him out of the way.

"Steven! Ryan! Help me!" Jessica screamed again. "She's down here!"

Another thud.

This is my chance.

I took one last deep breath and I dove for it.

I doved onto Ryan which knocked him down. He accidentally pulled the trigger and almost hit Steven.