Chapter 30: Jin AND Taehyung's Birthday! Part 1

Today is Kim Seokjin's birthday. It's been a while since we actually celebrated someone's birthday and we thought it would be nice to have a surprise birthday party for him.

But we're also celebrating Taehyung's birthday, although he doesn't know about it either. Our plan is to get Hobi and Namjoon to bring Jin and Tae out while Yoongi, Jimin, Jungkook, May, and I set up the house. It seemed it a bit obvious that we were doing this because usually we would all go out together... But we had to keep some behind to set up the place.

"Okay, we're heading out! We'll be back later guys!" Namjoon yelled from the front.

"Gotta go, good luck y/n." Taehyung kissed my cheek and giggled as he left the kitchen.

"Sucks that you guys can't come, but I'll see you later." Jin waved goodbye with a depressed expression spread across his face.

"Sorry Jin, maybe next time... I'm feeling sick." Yoongi groaned in the living when we reached the front of the house to watch them leave.

"No, it's okay, I get it, you're sick and they're taking care of you... we'll be back later." Jin shrugged his huge shoulders and walked out of the house. Hobi winked before he shut the door.

"May, get the supplies in the closet. y/n, call Jin and Taehyung's parents to make sure they're actually positively coming, Jungkook and Jimin, once May comes back with the supplies start decorating the place. Go. go. go." Yoongi rushed everyone to do their job.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and dialed Jin's parents number.

----
Jin's Mom: "Hello?"

Me: "Hello, this is Seokjin's best friend, y/n. I was wondering if you're available to come to his surprise birthday party today."

Jin's Mom: "Of course, what time should we be there?"

Me: "About 2PM will be fine. Jin went out with Taehyung, Hoseok, and Namjoon so that we can gather up his friends and family to celebrate."

Jin's Mom: "Sounds great! This is so sweet of you guys. I'll be there about 2 o'clock y/n, it was nice talking to you. Bye."

Me: "Thank you, I'll see you then."

----

"Who did you call first?" Jungkook brought a box of decorations into the living room and placed it on the ground.

"I called Jin's parents first, I'm calling Taehyung's parents right now so be quiet." I dialed their number and waited for them to pick up.

Jimin and May walked into the room too and put two more boxes on the ground next to Jungkook's.

"Seems like they're not picking up. I called Tae's mom the other day and asked her if they're available and they said they'll come...but they're not picking up now." I groaned and tried three more times, but finally gave up.

"Yoongi, Taehyung's parents won't pick up their phones. Can you try calling them with your phone?"

"Yeah sure, I'll be back." He ran off to find his phone and call Tae's parents.

"Okay, while he's doing that, let's put some decorations up." I slid off the sofa I was sitting on and traveled my way to the boxes.

"Let's see what we got." I unboxed the three boxes and found one box full of balloons and balls, another with strings and a sign that read Happy Birthday Dorks, and the other box had plastic plates/forks/spoons/knives.

"Alrighty. May you set up the tables for their birthday cake and stuff. Jungkook can you hang these up?" I handed him the decorations none of us are able to reach high enough to hang.