Chapter 4: Why?

We were clinging to each other the whole way to Jessica's house. We didn't say anything else the whole time until we got there.

"What am I going to do?... They're gonna charge me for beating him almost to death." He started panicking again and I squeezed his hand.

"Don't panick, it's fine... If he charges you, he charges you. There's no other way to get out of it V." I opened the door and I walked inside. He followed me behind.

Instantly, people were already giving us dirty looks. "Come on V." I took his hand again and walked to the kitchen. Luke was sitting on the chair holding an ice pack to his face and Jessica was comforting him.

"y/n... V." Namjoon stood up from his chair and so did everyone else.

I pulled Taehyung closer to me so no one would hurt him.

Luke's face was less bloody than before. His lips were huge and his right eye was dark though. He started coughing and Jessica rubbed his back for comfort.

"Get out of my house." Jessica stood up from her chair and swung her fist at me. I grabbed it and pushed her back to her chair.

"I'm sorry Jessica... I-" V tried apologizing, but Jessica interrupted him.

"You don't have to apologize to me Tae. You have to say it to my brother. And you, get out before I call the cops." She pointed to me, but I ignored her.

I looked at Tae, his hand started shaking and his face was drained white.

"Taehyung?" I whispered.

"y/n..." Luke tried talking.

"Don't talk Luke. Your lip is busted up, it'll hurt even more when you talk." Jessica wiped his blood from his forehead.

"What?" I said to Luke.

"You're.... beautiful." He started coughing. I looked over to V and he started squeezing my hand tightly. His eyes were on Luke the whole time, he definitely wanted to kill him.

"Luke, stop. I told you to stop trying to talk to her, her friends won't let you see her and I won't let you see her either. She's our enemy." She eyed me and went back to wiping blood off his face. "And let go of my boyfriend's hand." Her voice sharpened.

"They're not going to stop me from seeing her." His head started wobbling and fell onto Jessica's shoulder.

"Can you guys help me bring him to the couch in the living room?" She turned to Rap Monster and the group to help.

"Ugh. Fine, but this is the only time I'm helping your stupid brother." Jungkook stood up and put Luke's left arm around his neck. Namjoon walked over and put his right arm around his waist since he was too tall for Luke to reach his neck.

They walked their way to the living room. Taehyung let go of my hand to follow them, which made my heart sink. I didn't want him to let go, his hand was so soft and comforting.

I followed behind him and tugged his shirt. He kept walking without signalling me it was okay. We finally made it to the living room and Namjoon and Jungkook placed him on the couch. V walked over to Jessica and she took his hand and left the room. I walked over to Namjoon and Jungkook who standing directly in front of Luke.

"You okay? You look a bit pale y/n." Jungkook poked my cheek.

"I'm fine." I looked over to Luke who was smiling at me.

"Hi y/n..." He choked up.

I sighed and walked over to him. I took the ice pack Jessica left on the table and placed it on top of his head.

"You okay?" I kneeled down and examined the damage V gave to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. As long as you're here..." He held my face with his left hand, he was shaking so I took his hand and put it down on his lap.

"You're toying with them aren't you Luke?"

"What do you ... mean?"

"You know what I mean Luke. You're not only toying them, but you're toying with me." I stood up and looked down to him as if I were superior.

"You're messing with the wrong people." I eyed him and walked out of the room to find V.

I asked people around if they've seen him and most of them said he was upstairs with Jessica. I hesitated a bit when I reached half way up the stairs. At first I heard them arguing, then I heard complete silence. I knew it was wrong for me to be wondering around someone's house, but I was curious to hear what they were arguing about. One door caught my eye right away. The door had a little peek hole so I peeked through it.... V was sitting on top of Jessica, holding her arms down to the bed. They were staring at each other for about 30 seconds and the next thing I knew they were kissing each other aggressively. He attempted to take her shirt off, but she pushed his hands away.

"We can't do this now, we have too many people in the house." She kissed him one more time and giggled. She got off the bed.

and V was still sitting there, satisfied for what he just did.

"We'll do it once everyone leaves." She walked over to her mirror to fix herself up.

"Yeah... Sorry about everything I've done today, I didn't mean it. I was only trying to help a friend." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.

Friend. He seriously directed me as his friend after we had that make out session at the playground. How selfish can he be?!

I couldn't handle this anymore so I ran down the stairs stomping my feet. I made my way to the living room again and my hands turned to fists.

"I'm gonna..." I gulped my spit, "I'm just..." I started crying again.

"I just need to be alone." I turned around and someone grabbed my arm.

I turned around and Luke was kneeling on the ground holding my right arm tightly.

"Don't leave please."

I ripped him off my arm and turned back around to leave. Taehyung and Jessica was holding each other's hands.

"y/n..." V whispered my name.

"I can't believe you..." My hand flew across his face and slapped him hard that the slap echoed across the hall.

His face was shocked and his cheek had my hand mark on it. I choked on my cough and pushed him out of the way. I opened the door and took my car keys out of my pockets. I got inside the car and backed out of their driveway.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to be away from everything.... I couldn't stand to even think or see him with her anymore. How stupid can he be?

He kissed me, told me he loved me, and he looked like he wanted to kill Luke for calling me beautiful.... but then he literally almost had sex with Jessica without any hesitation. He's out of his mind and I'm out of mine. I was stupid enough to be convinced he loved me again.... But.... His eyes.... It definitely seemed like he loves me again. But why?

So many questions floated in my head at once. I couldn't think. I was driving my way to Pennsylvania where my mom and dad lives, it was about 2 hours away. I needed them to comfort me, not my friends. They would have made it even worst for me if they even tried. Every minute, everyone second, someone different was calling me. When I finally looked at my phone, V was calling me. My first reaction was to throw my phone out the window, it hit a couple of trees and broke into pieces. I drove off to Pennsylvania and I was ready to leave New York forever.