34). Epilogue

Nora's POV

"What are we doing?" I laugh, feeling the warmth of Jack's hand entwined with mine, he's skipping like an idiot beside me. To any cars driving past on the road, it would just look like we're a drunk couple stumbling home in the night.

"I'll tell you if you skip with me." He grins, pulling my hand along with him as we walk down the street, forcing me into a half skip.

"Okay." I smile, skipping along with him under the street lights in the warm summer air. The stars are out, few of them littering the suburban sky and I can't tell if they're real or just satellites.

Stopping, Jack burst out laughing his face red. "I didn't think you would skip with me."

"Well I am, now tell me where we're going," I tell him unimpressed, trying hard to hide the smile appearing on my face. We hadn't done much today, both of us having the day off from our busy jobs and spending it on the couch watching TV. It hadn't been eventful but I wouldn't trade this day for anything else, I'm happy.

"We, my lady are going to a restaurant." He says, dropping my hand and bowing under a street light. The yellow light, shadowing parts of his face but leaving a stupid grin.

"Fancy, and what is the occasion, my dear prince?" I ask, holding my hand out for him to take again. It's warm outside but it still didn't mean that my hand felt cold without his.

"Hey, I'm not a prince." Jack pouts, grabbing my hand in his.

"That's what you get for calling me a princess all the time," I say poking my tongue out, and Jack just laughs at me before leaning in for a kiss.

"But you are a princess." He smiles, and I roll my eyes. "Okay, okay, I get it you're the queen." He adds quickly before I could say so myself.

"So where are we going?" I ask again and Jack just shakes his head.

"It's a surprise."

"You're not taking  me to a restaurant are you?" I question staring at him carefully. I wanted to know what we were actually doing in our old neighbourhood.

"Nope, I'm taking you somewhere better." He grins, pulling me off the footpath and into an alleyway. Trusting Jack, I let him lead me through the alley carefully stepping over shards of glass.

"This is romantic," I mumble, and Jack just turns around grinning at me. He's up to no good.

"Ladies first." He announces standing next to a fence, and I just stare at him.

"I'm not climbing over that in a dress."

Winking at me, he lets out another laugh. "It's the only way to where we want to go."

"You just want me to go first so you can look up my dress, you pervert." I continue, pulling myself up on the fence and climbing over. Careful not to rip the yellow dress that my sister and I had bought when shopping.

"You're wearing shorts, that's no fun." He complains as I land safely on the other side of the fence. I could tell he's joking but it didn't stop me from rolling my eyes.

"I'm going to leave you if you don't hurry up." I joke, staring around at where we are. It seemed familiar but it's too dark to tell where we are, it's like my feet know where I am but my eyes can't catch up. Stepping out of the alley and into the lights of a street, I'm greeted with a familiar area.

"Ta-da," Jack says behind me. He wraps his arms around my shoulders, turning me towards the ice cream parlour. The whole outside of the place is lit up with fairy lights, and I can't help but smile again. "You said the other day this was one of your favourite memories of us, and guess what? Maria's still alive." Jack continues, still hugging my body as he pulls us to the door.