9). It's A 'Hard' Life

*A/N* If you ever feel bad about life I just walked into my door.

"Fuck" Jack yelled as he lost another round of Mario kart. We had been playing for a a couple of hours now and I was certain that Jack was either letting me win or he just sucked.

"Someone's angry" I sung out, mocking him. We were both sitting in Jack's room, both of us in pajamas playing Mario kart. After eating dinner at the my house, I decided to stay over with Jack. It seemed better than sitting alone in my room with my thoughts.

"This is so unfair, the games rigged I swear." Jack yelled out, causing his Mom to bang on the wall yelling for him to shut up. At this point I was sure Jack was letting me win because it seemed impossible for him to lose the last round. It also didn't help that Jack wasn't exactly the best liar.

Deciding to call him out, I can't help but grin before saying "Jack, next round wins all and stop letting me win." After saying that I watch Jack's face change into a deep shade of red which I wasn't going to deny is adorable.

I can't help but focus on Jack and the way he sticks his tongue out when concentrating. I know I shouldn't like Jack, he's my brother from another mother but ever since kissing him I can't.... "I win bitch" Jack yells, cutting off my train of thoughts. I roll my eyes at the idiot, dancing a victory dance around his room. I don't have the heart to tell him that I actually let him win this round. "I won, so what's my prize" He asks suddenly stopping dancing and staring at me with those big brown eyes. I'm actually surprised his Mom hasn't banged on the wall for him to shut up again.

"Whatever you want." I reply, before hearing Mrs Barakat bang on the walls again causing us to break out into laughter.

"Anything?" Jack repeats, grinning like a fool.

"Yeah sure why not." I continue, Jack always sucked at picking things so I wasn't that worried.

"Can I have a kiss from the loser?" He asks, batting his eyelashes.

"But Alex isn't here." I tell him, searching around his room to make sure no caramel haired idiot was hiding somewhere. Of course I knew what Jack meant but I was playing dumb.

"I meant you" He says, walking towards me with a mischievous expression. I'm about to protest when he kisses me midway sentence and I know in that moment I should push him away but I can't. This kiss isn't like the over times, I'm not drunk or high yet I feel like I am. Jack's lips are so soft and sweet, they're like the addiction I never knew I needed. I should be pushing my best friend away, yet I'm wrapping my arms around him, deepening the kiss.

"Um" Jack announced as he pulled away, his face going completely red. My face was burning too, I don't even know what got into me but I just wanted to kiss him.

"Nora I'm so sorry, I..." Jack stuttered before I cut him off, kissing him again. I don't know why he was so sorry and I don't care, I just want him. Leaning my weight onto him, I accidentally push us both off the couch and onto the floor. I want to keep kissing him but I can't help but start laughing. All this time I was blaming kissing Jack on alcohol and drugs, yet here I was kissing the lanky boy on the floor.

"Do I have something on my face?" Jack asked, me unsure of why I started laughing.

"Yeah, it's called your nose" I smile, I don't know what's gotten into me. This morning I felt upset and was crying, yet now I'm laughing my ass off on top of Jack Barakat.

"Stop laughing, it tickles." Jack complained, trying to roll me off him.

"You're the one who made us fall on the floor" I inform him before ticking his sides. Jack squirms underneath me, trying to get away but I pin him down.