6). Cloud Nine

Authors Note - Hey guys, sorry it took ages to update this chapter. Believe it or not, I've been busy.

*Nora's POV*

Lying on my bedroom floor, I stare blankly at the ceiling. My phone resting on my stomach, softly playing the middle by Jimmy eat world. I don't know what to do, I wanted to text Jack but at the same time, I didn't. I had already sent him 5 messages and a cat meme, which he had replied to none. I couldn't help the feeling like I was annoying him, that Jack didn't want to talk to me. Maybe he saw my messages but never replied because he doesn't want to know me. I'm not clingy but Jack's one of my best friends and recently he's been distant.

It was possible Jack hated me. God, maybe I had said something awful to him while drunk off my ass. Even then, Jack knows me, I say awful things. I never mean to say the things I do, it's like I can't control the person talking. Still, I didn't know why Jack had been avoiding me. Rian and Alex denied that he was doing so but it was blatantly obvious. Just yesterday, I was walking to Maths. When Jack saw me he darted down some hallway hiding behind a group of people. It didn't help that Jack's messy hair and lanky frame stands out anywhere.

Running a hand through the knots in my hair, I blankly gaze at my walls. I never knew how much I hated them until now. The bland cream wallpaper peeling from all the previous posters. The walls covered floor to ceiling in bands. Greenday, Blink 182, Jimmy eat world, Metallica, New found glory, Weezer, so many I had lost count. I had the urge to tear them all off the walls, to rip them apart, I can't explain the feeling. These bands I loved almost sat as a reminder that I'm just an ordinary person, I can't amount to them. I would rather someone shoots me in the head then becoming some soccer mom that bakes cookies.

Pausing the loud music, I sit up. Someones knocking on the door but by the sound of the knock, it's my Mom. "Come in" I mumble before lying back on the floor.

"Nora, do you have any dirty washing? Also, why aren't you doing your homework?" She rattles on, making me want nothing more for her to leave.

"Mom, I don't have homework and I already did my washing," I mumble, hoping that she would just leave. I love my mom but sometimes I just can't bare her, it's not even teenage angst. It's just she's never here, almost like we don't know each other. I don't hate her, she's always got her best interest but sometimes that interest isn't the best for me.

"Nora shouldn't you be studying if you don't have homework." She continues, picking up random books from my floor and placing them back on the shelf.

"No mom." I groan, can't she get the fact that study and homework are pretty much the same. Not to mention why would I study the one time I don't have homework

"Nora if you don't get good grades..." she keeps rattling on before I cut her off

"Yeah, I know. Just leave me alone"

I feel bad for doing that, I'm grateful for what she does but sometimes it's too much. Her face drops slightly but she doesn't argue back for once. She leaves the room but of course not closing the goddamn door.

Grumbling under my breath, I get up closing the door. I stand against the closed door for a while, fighting back the desire to smack my head against it. Turning my music back on, I collapse onto my bed, burying myself in bedsheets. I feel so off like nothing's right.

My parents kept arguing with my brother drawing me in the crossfire. My sister is doing god knows what, I haven't talked to her in so long. Jack's avoiding me, which means that both Rian and Alex are hanging out with him leaving me alone. Which is fine... I guess? I'm used to being alone but it's just when I finally found friends, I didn't think they avoid me. It's my fault, I'm not really a good friend.