23). If You Love Me Let Me Go

*A/N* My best friend BootyfulBarakat has just uploaded a Jalex fanfic so go check it out! Also if anyone wants me to read their own fanfic or a friends, link in the comments and I'll check it out.

Breathing in the cold air, I lean against the familiar hard stone of the bridge. I should be in therapy today but I'm not, I rung up faking an illness. The bridge doesn't feel as inviting as when it did when I found Josh, the boy prepared to jump into the murky water. Josh's promise was still painted on the wall, a reminder that we were both here and alive. I haven't seen Josh in awhile, I don't know where he's gone, Brendon said he was just talking some time off.

I don't think anyone at my school is okay, I don't know if the looming exams or just the fact everyone needs a hug.

Everyone I've meet seemed to be fighting with themselves, some battles worse than others. If I could I would be a hypocrite and say it doesn't get better but they get stronger, at this point I don't even know.

"Yo." I hear a voice say and a smile twists on my face.

"Hey."

"I got the shit, you got the money?" She continues, sliding her spiked boots down the hill. Strands of brown hair, sticking up in different angles.

"Yeah like I would go to get drugs with no money." I reply sarcastically, digging the heel of my black shoes into the ground.

"Sex? That's always a fair payment Nora." She laughs, freckles out lining her cheeks. The cigarette hanging lazily out the corner of her mouth, almost falling as she smiles.

"I'm not fucking you Sally. I didn't even know you still existed to fuck." I grin, sticking out my hand to do our secret handshake like when we were younger.

"You know Nora, I didn't think you to be one for drugs." She remarks, slinging the backpack off her shoulder and rummaging around.

"Says the girl who left in pigtails and I now find out she's a drug dealer." I continue, stuffing my hands into the pockets of Jack's hoodie I stole and finding the money.

"Next thing you know we'll find out that Jack's doing meth." Sally continues, pulling out a blue package from her bag.

"Don't think so, you should have seen him when he found out about me on drugs." I say, passing over the cash.

"Oh?" She says, making an o shape with her mouth causing the cigarette to fall. "You two finally dating."

"Yeah."

"Well use protection, I can't imagine mini Jack's running around." She advised, carefully placing the money in her bag. It surprised me that Sally didn't bother checking the amount, she must have trusted me.

"I'm not getting Jack pregnant." I joke, before Sally pulls me into a hug.

"I got to go get the other payments before I get beaten. See you around Nora, and don't change." Sally continues, her eyes looking more serious than ever as she scrambles up to the top of the bridge.

Once Sally was gone, I stare down at the blue package in my hand. I was being careless, if any cops came down here I would have hell to pay.

"Don't hate me Jack." I mumbled, tearing open the packet.

Swallowing two pills dry, I smile before putting the packet away. I knew it would take a few moments for the pills to take effect, the amazing little pills. It was a pure fluke that I had found Sally, it was when I talked to one of the stoners that sits outside the supermarket. He directed me to her, at first I was cautious until I realized who it was.