26). Painted Walls and Dirty Halls

Laying back on the hard bed, I stare up at the ceiling, unlike the rest of the room it wasn't painted pea green. Ever since coming here, I had grown a hatred for whoever painted this 'institution'. At least at the hospital, the walls had all been properly painted.

I found myself hating every minute I stayed in this room. I had only gone out for the delicious breakfast of fruit salad, the pieces of fruit cut so tiny so no one would choke. I wish it was actually possible to choke on fruit salad, maybe then I wouldn't be here.

I think it's 10.00 am but I wouldn't know, my room doesn't have a clock. Just two beds, with one pillow and blanket each, one nightstand, and two inbuilt closets. My room also comes with some crazy bitch, who threatened to 'cut me' on the first day, which was yesterday. She then got removed leaving me on my own.

"Nora?" I hear someone knock on my door, and I stand up. Due to belts being one of the hazardous things a suicide patient can't have, my jeans want to fall every time I move. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had jeans the right size. Apparently skinny jeans would just irritate the cuts on my hips.

The shirt was by far the worst part.

My mom had just thrown some clothes together for me, one of the things she gave me was Jack's shirt. The one with Kevin from home alone, the one he loved.

Flinching, the door swings open hitting the wall. "Why aren't you in the recreation room?" Jace asks, he's grinning. I don't know what to call Jace, there is some term for it somewhere. He's the person who makes sure that I go to Therapy on time, or go to breakfast. His job is to just to annoy me.

Shrugging, I go back to sit on my bed but he stops me. "Don't sit back down, you have group therapy."

I roll my eyes, but start to follow him anyway. The soon I get out of here, the sooner I can end my life.

Trudging down the hallway, past rooms of the over patients. I try keeping up with Jace's fast pace, his black hair is a mess, and I can't help but wonder why they even hired him. "You know, I thought for a second I was going to find you dead." He joked for a moment before stopping himself, he was joking about finding a suicide patient dead.

"I wish." I mumbled, and he turned to me frowning.

"Holy shit she talks." He practically screamed before one of the nurses told him to shut up. Jace was one of the first people I've met here, I don't know what his actual job is. He's always escorting patients around, I think he might be the son of someone here. Leading me around a corridor, he stopped pushing open one of the doors. "Well, here's group therapy. Try not to have too much fun without me."

"Thanks." I mumbled, pulling my shirt down. Jace had shown me this room before, and I still didn't like it. They had plastic chairs, with tiny pink and green cushions, lay out in a circle. The colours completely clashing with the blue walls, the entire place was a disaster.

"Nora, it's so great you could join us." A lady says and I assume she leads the group. "I am Anita" She continues, turning, giving me a full view of the scars lining her face. Anita's beautiful to say the least, her hair black and curly staying neatly in a bun. "Well, come on. Sit down."

Taking a seat next to some girl playing with the ends of her sleeves, I stare down at my feet. The grey carpet in this room has gotten stained so much, that the blobs almost form pictures. One of the stains reminds me of a person, except the limbs of this person are fat and strange.

"Hi, everyone. As you all know I'm Anita and I lead these group sessions. I am the person assigned to this group, the other member is Dan, he might fill in when I'm away." She kept saying, and by the huffs of the other people, I assume she repeated this when every new member arrives.