24). How To Save A Life (Trigger Warning)

Just fixing some mild errors. I don't know why anyone reads this, God, my writing sucks in this book. I also don't really address mental health the way I should have. But anyway, if anyone's still reading this you should go read my other book COLD. 

Chewing on my lip, I sit on the corner of Alex's bed staring at the wall. I like Alex's house, it's comforting and full of food. "Jack?" Alex interrupts my daze, waving a hand close to my face just to be an ass.

"I dunno," I reply, staring at the blink poster.

"Dude, I didn't even ask you a question." Alex continues, smiling as he flops onto his bed next to me. His pocket rattling as he hit the bed, he had something stored in his hoodie pocket.

"What's in your pocket?"

"Just the best break up thing ever." He grins, pulling out two dark coloured bottles with no labels. His hair is sticking up everywhere, and Alex looks worse than me yet somehow he looks happy.

"What even is that shit." I continue, snatching a bottle of Alex and inspecting it. The bottle had no wrapper of anything to say what it was or how much alcohol it contained.

"Happiness, now shut up and drink." He commands, his eyebrows straightening to give himself a serious look. Who knew someone could master their eyebrows at will.

"I don't feel like it Lex."

"Jack, I am your best friend, now please just drink it." He replies, already opening his bottle with a bottle opener he had in his mattress.

"I hate you," I complain, grabbing the bottle opener from him and sitting with my legs crossed on his bed.

"Love you too," Alex smiled, blowing a kiss before taking another huge sip. Ignoring all thoughts of Nora, I pressed the bottle to my mouth. Careful not to smell the disgusting liquid, I poured it down my throat, not caring about the taste.

"What the fuck is this shit," I complain, taking more sips as the drink numbed my tongue.

"I dunno man." Alex giggled, sliding off his bed and onto the floor.

"That's not concerning, Fuck I didn't drink much and I feel tipsy." I continue, trying to stand up and go over to Alex but failing and slipping over. I did end up next to Alex, just well, on top of him laughing my ass off.

"So it may have a high percentage of alcohol, but ssshhh Jacky." He continued, trying to grab the bottle out of my hand. "I want some." Alex pouted before reaching under the bed and grabbing a bottle of who knows what.

"Alex we should call Rian and Zack," I suggest, grinning as I search his back pocket for his phone.

"I already called them, the couldn't do it. So I started some drinks before I managed to get a hold of you." He explained, his voice speeding up as he tried not laughing. I was enjoying myself, the tiny buzz the alcohol gave me made everything better. Alex was being happy which was good, sometimes he cried when drunk which I never knew whether it's sad or funny.

Untangling myself from Alex, I pull myself up onto his bed and lay there. Smiling like an idiot but I didn't feel happy, there was something tugging at the corner of my drunk mind. "You should have called Nooraa," I tell Alex, dragging out her name, not registering what I was saying.

"I love Nora." Alex agrees, his sprawled out among the junk of his bedroom floor.

"What."

"I ain't stealing your girl, I love her like a sister. We all do, well except for you because that would be incest." He blabbered on, holding his bottle up into the air and inspecting it in the light. I had no idea where Alex's parents were, or why he decided to stay at home instead of going out to a party.