daughter of hell 6

'Erebus married Nyx, the godess of Night and creator of the night children. Nyx gave birth to nine children, one of them Hemera, godess of the Day and Cer, godess of Death.

Most mortals who died will find their final resting place in the Plain of Asphodel, which was part of the Erebus region. The shades that dwelled there have no memories of their former lives. The place was gray and gloomy, but the shades who populated this region will experience neither joy, nor sorrow. Others, who led a wicked life, were sent down to Tartarus and punished for their crime or sin. Tartarus was also a part of the Erebus region.

But with the fall of the Greek gods, the Christian believe arose. The Greek gods became wary of the moral games and lifes. It was time to give up their reign and retire to Olympos.

But the Christian God granted forgiveness and a place in heaven to all. There was no place for punishment and sin any longer. Erebus could not see his once so fine realm go to waste. He chose a mortal, corupted his soul, and gave him the power of a god. Erebus' children, Thantos, god of Death, Nemessis, godess of Revenge, and Oneroi, god of Dreams added to his power. It would be the former mortal's job to corupt souls and receive these corupted, sinful souls. He was to punish them, torture them untill they forgot their own name, and reward them with immortality when their souls had turned black and rotten. The demon race was born.'

I could not believe this book, it actually explained the uprise of the demon race. One of them had to be my father. I didn't care how corrupted, black or rotten his soul was. He could never be worse than that woman, who called herself my mother. Maeby I should also have been born without intercourse like Eros. He did not know how lucky he was not knowing his mother. Or actually having one. Then I read something that would make the search for my father so much easier.

'The chosen mortal, called Satan, will have to keep corrupting souls or his empire will fade, for a demon will not be able to reproduce. Only Satan will have the power to choose if he will be bothered with an offspring or not.'

No shit! My frigid mother did it with Satan? The lord of blackness? This is so freaking unbelievable. I was never going to let her live this down. I read some more. Yadi, Yadi, Yada. Bla, bla, boring demonstuff, bla, got it! My oneway ticket out of here.

'For he who has the courage to face Satan in hell,

on his own accord,

and he who will remember his own name,

will join his reign,

without the pain.

Now read these words below.'

Wow, it was all poem. I already went through hell. Nothing could be worse than staying here.

"In the depth of the night,

in the shadows they creep,

their deep crimson eyes

and their victims, who weep.

Temptation and desire

lead me to Hell's fire."

Catchy, don't you think?

It smelled burned in here. I looked down and... I was on fire! O, shit. I was on fucking fire. Why do I never think before acting? Before I knew it I was coffing on sulphureous fumes. I inhaled deeply, trying to get in some more air and I noticed that the fumes weren't so bad. They were actually quite comforting, I could feel my demonic blood humming in content. "Foolish girl." A dark voice boomed. "What is your name?" I turned around to a man with dark red hair, like mine, sitting on an eleagant golden trone decorated with rubies and black onyx. I looked away from the courtdemons, who were all lurking from the shadows with their creepy crimson eyes. I straightened my back and raised my chin. With the proudest voice I could muster, I spoke. "My name is Lucifer. I am your daughter." You could hear a pin drop. Than Satan started laughing, was he supposed to do that? He was supposed to be the ultimate evil, right? Ultimate evil doesn't laugh. I stood there while he kept laughing. Finally he brushed away the laughingtears and rose from his chair. Before I knew what was happening he had embraced me in a tight bear hug. Was this the way they tortured you in hell? I don't know why everyone feared Satan, he was like a big teddy. I was starting to get a little bit short on oxygen. "Can't. Breath." I gasped. With a smile he released me, but kept his hands on my shoulders. "Well, Lucifer. It took you long enough to find my book."

"Your book?" I asked confused. "How do you think a demonbook got in the libary of heaven? Your mother sure as hell wouldn't have put it there." This was all very confusing. "Why would you have done that?" A tender smile spread over his face. "It was the only way I could get my daughter here with me. I couldn't enter heaven, she would have never let me take you with me. You wouldn't have come, either. You didn't know about your father. I am glad she finally gave you a choice. Even if she gave it you two years too late."

"What do you mean with a choice?"

"The living can only enter hell on their own accord. Your mother was supposed to explain to you about me when you turned twelve. She didn't obviously." The horridness cow! "I found this book by accident. I've never knew you were my father up till twenty minutes ago. I was never given a choice." His blue eyes turned dark silver and his read hair seemed to come allive, like little curled flames likking his face. I could see why my father was Satan, lord of the underworld. "She took my daughter from me when I had barely named you, and then she didn't live up to the agreement of keeping you for twelve years!" Smoke and little fires bounced from his fingertips. I was starting to feel threatent by his anger. The familiar pain on all thirteen places started. I screamed and my father saved me.'

(end of flashback)