06: Everyone Knew It

"No." I hissed at Katie. She had spent the night at my house, but I absolutely regretted her doing so because she's annoying the crap out of me.

"You know he's going to ask you out." Katie teased.

"Shouldn't you be talking to your boyfriend?" I asked her poking her stomach.

She jumped at my poke while squealing, "He's at soccer practice." Once 'practice' left her lips she smirked. "So is Kent." She purred. I swatted her away as I moved to the other side of the couch.

"Will you shut up?" I asked.

"Oh come on Rae. You know Kent likes you. He even admitted it to me a few days ago." She said, but once she finished she slammed her lips shut and looked towards the T.V.

"What do you mean he told you?" I asked. Just then the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes at Katie and got up to get the door. When I pulled the front door open I frowned.

"Sorry we aren't giving money to the poor." I said slamming the door shut. As I was walking away I heard it open and close again.

"You're very funny Rae, but I don't think Jake's going to be happy when he finds out an ugly girl's in his house." Craig said.

"Ha-ha! Oh. My. Gosh. That was the best comeback in the world! Note the sarcasm." I said sitting next to Katie on the couch watching the channels change as Katie's fingers flipped through the channels.

"Man, Rae. I thought we had something going here." Craig said in a hurt voice. Fake of course.

"Yeah. We were totally getting off of the hate platform. Well, only to fall back to the intensely hate one." Craig rolled his eyes and pushed himself off of the couch.

"Where's your brother?" He asked.

"I don't know he's your boyfriend." I said smirking.

"I'm not gay. I'm definitely into girls." Craig said walking over to the window and looking out.

"Aw what happened? Did Jake break-up with you?" Katie asked finally picking a channel.

"The bromance died?" I asked. Craig snorted.

"You two are just hilarious! By the way I was being sarcastic." He said walking out of the living room.

"You could've fouled us!" Katie shouted turning up the volume. I snatched the remote form her hand.

"You never put this down do you?" I asked her. She shrugged.

We could hear the front door open and a few voices and footsteps.

“Lucy! I’m home!” I could hear Jake call. I rolled my eyes at him and shouted back.

“Your lover is up in your room!”

“What?” Jake asked walking into the living room. Along with him were Ian, Jared, Robert, and Kent.

“Craig’s upstairs.” I retorted.

“Oh, ok. Come on guys let’s go get that ass for skipping practice.” Jake said.

“Come on Kent.” I heard Robert say as they headed upstairs.

“I’ll be up in a few.” Kent said walking into the living room. I could feel Katie shift in her spot excited to see what was going to happen. I shifted myself as Kent sat next to me. “Why are we watching animals?” Kent asked.

“Katie you put it on Animal Planet?” I asked. Katie shrugged.

“You took the remote away from me. It was on MTV.” She said rolling her eyes. “I’m hungry. You two want something?” She asked.

“Nah.” Kent and I said in unison.

“Jinks you owe me a soda!” I called out.

“Damn…” Kent cursed. I couldn’t help, but laugh.

“I would like a Dr. Pepper.” I said smiling.

“Alright I’ll get right on that.” Kent said turning back to the T.V. I pushed him as he chuckled. Then it hit me. Katie left us alone for a reason. Damn her! She did it on purpose. “Hey um Rae, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tomorrow?” Kent asked all of a sudden.

“Sure.” I said grabbing the remote. Kent’s hand reached for mine and I dropped the remote back to it’s same position.

“I mean like as a date.” He said looking at me.

“I'll say it again… Sure.” Kent’s lopsided smile appeared back on his lips.

“Hey pretty boy get up here!” Craig’s voice bellowed.

“Why are you friends with him?” I asked.

“They’re my friends Rae…” Kent said getting up. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. “I’ll pick you up at 6:30 tomorrow.” He whispered in my ear. With that he pecked my cheek and ran upstairs to the guys. I waited a few seconds for it and as if on cue Katie came sat on the couch with no food in her hands and was smiling like an idiot.

“What?” I asked.

“I told you.”

"I'll see you later!" Jake said as the guys all left. It was about eleven o'clock or so and Katie had left after her rant about how cute Kent and I were.

She was watching us the whole time! I was pretty upset until she said that I looked so cute when I started blushing. That threw me over the edge. I hated when people were saying 'You look so cute when you blush.' It was annoying.

"I don't like you dating Kent." Jake said as I walked upstairs.

"What are you talking about?" I asked lying, obviously.

"Oh don't play the stupid card. We saw his cheeky, smiley face when he walked up the stairs." I couldn't help, but smile.

"You two look like your two love struck teens the way you're always holding hands and stuff." I felt my face blush.

"I don't like this. I don't think that Rae should be dating any guys until she's out of high school and college." Craig said smirking.

"Why so you can have a chance at me?" I asked. Craig snorted.

"As if!”

"I knew it! You like me. You think I'm so cute!" I purred in his ears as I walked by.

"That's totally it." He sarcastically said.

"I knew it!" I chuckled as I shut my room door.

"You're an idiot!" Craig yelled back at me.