Chapter 1: How It All Began

Start from the beginning

"Cassie can you please hurry!?! I have somewhere to be in 20 minutes!!!"

He yelled again bringing me out of my daze.

I turned off the water and grabbed my towel to wrap around me. As soon as I opened the door Jordan gave me the evilest death stare he could.

"What?" I asked trying to hide my smirk. "You're such a diva."

"Why does it take you three damn years to take a shower? I told you before you got in that I needed to be somewhere and to hurry up."

"I dunno. I lost track of time I guess."

"Lost track of time my ass."

"Twit." I called him.

"Twat." He shot back.

"Loser."

"Spaz."

"Moron."

"Butt muncher."

"Dungbeetle."

"Space cow."

I gasped.

"Did you just call me fat?" I asked feeling insulted.

"Yes I did. Now get over it." He stated as he pushed past me and went into the bathroom.

Instead of retaliating I just rolled my eyes.

"Where are you going anyways?" I asked.

"Somewhere you're not. Mind your business."

"Um, you ARE my business. You're my bestfriend and I have the right to know where you're going. What if something happens and you get kidnapped and raped by a group of girl gangbangers and sent off to live on some creepy farm inhabited by cannibals while I'm here wondering what that hell happened to you?" I asked as the images of the scenario ran through my mind.

"You're insane. You know that right? I'm just going over to Sabrina's place with AJ, Lindsay, and Mariah to chill for a few hours."

"Sabrina? Sabrina Davidson? Really Jordan?" I asked in annoyance.

"What?"

"You're such a man-whore that's what. "

Sabrina Davidson was known by everyone at our university as 'the chick who sleeps with everyone'. We hate each other with a passion. One time she yanked my hair and when I turned around to face her she went "What are you looking at you chubby goblin?" Which was ridiculous considering I'm no where near being 'chubby' nor do I look like a goblin. I wasn't the skinniest girl in the world although I had a thin figure. Nor was I the prettiest but I like to think I'm at least a bit attractive. Sometimes I can be a bit insecure about myself mainly because I hate my hair. It's chestnut brown and longer than I'd like it to be. Though I've never been able to cut it because my Dad would freak out. I've always been a bit tall for a girl...I'm 5'9.... though I love my height.

"I'm not a man-whore. I'm not planning on having sex with her. We're just gonna hang out. That's all." Jordan said interrupting my thoughts. I looked over his shoulders and saw a box of condoms sitting of the kitchen counter.

"Hahah, sure you aren't...Thanks for inviting me by the way." I replied sarcastically and walked away laughing.

After going to my room and putting my pajamas on I put in a movie to entertain me until Jordan got back. Next thing I knew about 20 minutes later Jordan creaked open my door and walked inside. He sat at the end of my bed and grabbed my foot.

"Cassie I promise you and I will hang out soon." He assured me. "I know I've been kinda distant lately but I promise I'll make time for just the two of us. As a matter of fact how about we do something this weekend- whatever you want." He tickled my foot waiting for me to respond.

"Sure." I replied. "I just feel like we're not as close as we once were. You're hardly ever around anymore. You barely talk to me about personal things now. And you've been flipping out a lot lately. I feel like our friendship is falling apart." I looked at him and was visibly upset. His eyes met mine and I could see he genuinely was upset as well.

"Hey, you've been my best friend since before we could even talk. You always will be. I promise nothing will ever change that."

I knew he really was sorry and I knew he meant everything he said.

"Ugh- so basically you're telling me that I'm stuck with you for the rest of my life?" I said as I rolled my eyes and pretended to throw up. "Gross."

"Yep. You're not getting rid of me." He laughed. He stood up and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. He made his way to my door and turned around. "I love you stupid."

"Yea yea yea love you too J."

After Jordan left I continued watching the movie and was about to turn on another until I realized that tomorrow was Monday which meant I had class at 9 am. I groaned in despair and turned over to face my wall. I soon found myself drifting off to sleep not knowing that the beginning of hell was heading my way the next day.