Chapter 17: The Halloween Birthday - Part Four

Start from the beginning

"She does have such a warmer place downstairs, we should do that." Taehyung replied.

"You went in her basement?" Jessica asked.

He rolled his eyes and got up from his seat.

"If you guys don't want to come, then feel free to stay here. I'm going downstairs." He took a water bottle and walked to the basement.

No one followed him behind, not even Jessica.

"Seems like he's..." Jin started to pet his fake Mario mustache.

"I'll talk to him." I got up and looked at Jessica, "I won't do anything to him if you're thinking about that."

She rolled her eyes and took a water bottle as well.

I ran down the stairs and found Taehyung slouching on my couch in the basement.

"Let's watch a movie to get our minds off this right?" He got up and sat in front of the T.V.

He searched for movies I had in my cabinet. I walked his way and sat on my knees next to him. My dress was so big and poofy that it also covered one side of his leg when I sat down. I started searched for something funny to watch instead of something scary. It would make us feel even more scared than before if we watched a scary movie.

"Why does this shit happen to us?" He stopped looking for movies and turned to me.

"Why?" I asked, "Because we're stupid."

"Aha, we really are." He sighed and began playing with my dress.

......

"I wish I can tell you." He moved his hair from his eyes and looked me straight in the eyes.

"What? Tell me what?" I moved my hair out of my eyes too to get a good look at him, but it fell back in front of my face.

He reached for the pieces of hair in front of my face and moved it behind my ear. He blushed and smirked a bit. But it was a sad smirk.

"I wish..."

"Taehyung..." I whispered. "What is it?"

"We should've just stayed here and played games instead of trick or treating like children." He turned away again and searched for more movies.

"Hey, it's fine. Everyone wanted to go out and get free candy Tae. No matter how old we get, we're gonna trick or treat."

"So true.... But out of everyone, we have to meet them." He sighed even louder.

"How about this?" He held out the movie White Chicks.

"We watched this more than 100 times." I took it from his hand and put it back in the cabinet.

"Fine. This one?" He held out Ghostbusters.

"Mmmm, too old school." I took that one and shoved it inside the cabinet.

"It's a classic!" He put his hands up like I was arresting him.

I giggled and tried pulling his arms down, but he held them tight, making his arms flex. I moved closer to him and tried harder, but he was too strong for me.

"You're such a cheater." I giggled.

Suddenly I nearly fell over and he caught me. I looked up and his face was pale.

"Are you okay?" He asked holding my arms.

"Yeah? It didn't hurt Taehyung." I lightly pushed him away and searched for movies again.