14). The Squid Of Our Love

Start from the beginning

"Alex is nice." Josh spoke up, drawing attention to him, still drinking coke zero. He hadn't eaten anything but he must of at least gotten through three cans already.

"What?" They all chimed in.

"Alex, I had to sing with him." Josh continued.

"Where's Matt anyway Josh?" Hayley asked, it was weird not seeing Josh R with his best friend Matt.

"I don't know." He replied, going back to his coke zero and scribbling something in a book.

"How do you guys deal with the same name anyway?" Nora asked, passing her apple slices over to Brendon.

"Uh, Josh D, Josh R? I don't know." Tyler admitted, putting a hand on Josh Dun's shoulder.

"Why can't you have different names, I'm getting confused." I whine, pushing my food away, I really didn't feel like eating.

"What if everyone had to have an original name, I'd been Brendon69." Brendon piped in, getting more disappointed stares.

"Who at this table votes to eliminate Brendon? We'll send him back over to Ryan, Pete, and Mikey's table." Hayley asked, sticking her hand up to create a vote.

"If I go, I'm taking Nora with me." Brendon warned.

Shuffling my legs under the table, I tried ignoring the pain as the fabric of my jeans rubbed against the cuts. "That's alright Brendon, I'll just get in the way of you're relationship with Ryan." I smirk.

"Ooo, I like her." Halsey commented as Brendon blushed, sinking in his seat.

"I have to go." I spoke up, standing up from the table. "You guys can have my lunch."

"Where are you going?" Josh Dun asked, his eyes looking hurt.

"I have to go see my Mom." I lie, walking away before everyone could call me out.

Jack's POV

"Jack?" Jenna asked, causing my eyes to dart up. Seeing her green hair and smile, I try to smile back but it fails. "Why are you just staring over there? Also where is Rian and Alex?" She asked, her accent thick.

"I dunno and I'm not staring." I grumble looking back at the table to find that Nora's disappeared. I didn't tell Jenna the whole truth, Alex and Rian knew where I was, they just didn't want to speak to me. To be fair I did lie to them, so i guess I'll give them their time.

"You're doing it right now." She replied.

"It doesn't matter, I'm leaving now anyway." I admit, picking my bag off the ground. I don't know why I even bothered coming in here, I didn't have any lunch.

"Okay. I'll see you later." Jenna tells me, I know she's trying her best not to bug me for answers and I respect that.

"I'm going to find Alex." I mumble, causing her eyes to light up. She didn't aspect an answer but I gave her one.

"Tell that fuzzy haired idiot that he stills owes me two dollars." She continues, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Two dollars, man Jenna you're getting cheap these days." I reply and she throws her rubbish at me.

"Jack, I'm not cheap. You're the cheap one Barakat." Jenna calls out as I walk away.

Strolling down the hallways, I dart away from anyone who looks like they can throw me into a locker. I didn't get bullied but sometimes people decide to pick on the skinny dude. I don't know where Alex is but I'm hoping to find him, I don't have a reason for it but I just want to see him.