Chapter 59

~Niall's POV~

"Is she okay?" I asked the doctor who came out of Rebecca's room.

She choked back a laugh. "It's been twenty minutes, Mr. Horan. I'm just getting some supplies. You're girlfriend is fine."

"Right, right. About how much longer will you be?"

"I don't know, but it won't be soon. Go home. Get some sleep."

"Okay, I will, but is there a better ch-" I was cut off by a large hand on my mouth.

"Sorry, he's a but worried. We'll be going," Harry told me, his voice right in my ear.

"Harry! I had more questions!" I said indignatly.

"Niall. We need to go home. You really need some sleep, mate. You look awful."

"I do not!"

He sighed, and his face looked even sadder than before. "Niall, you're breath smells terrible. You haven't done anything for your health since last night, your shirt is wrinkled, your quiff has fallen down, and you're hungover. Let's go home and get some sleep. C'mon."

I sighed, knowing he was right. 

Once we got home, I fell asleep in Rebecca's bed, clutching the blanket that she was wearing I last saw her.

*A Few Hours Later*

"Should we wake him up? They called and told us to come over, Liam, we should have him with us," I heard Sarah whispering above me, presumably talking to Liam.

"He doesn't deserve to get to see her. I don't care what the hospital said, he can figure it out," Liam's stubborn voice joined.

"Liam. Come one, he's your best friend, it was only a tiny mistake! He really does love her, you can see it!" Sarah protested.

"I'm already awake. Let's just go," I told them, sitting up. 

Liam scowled at me and stormed out of the room.

Sarah looked at me apologetically and motioned for me come with her. "Everyone else is waiting in Harry's car. The hospital called to let us know that something's changed with Rebecca, but they wouldn't tell us what," she explained.

I nodded and followed her out the door.

Once we were there, I raced up to Bex's room and thrust the door open.

"What's happened? Is she okay?" I practically shouted.... to the empty room.

I shook my head at myself and walked over to Rebecca's bed. She looked a bit better, her skin less pale and she didn't look quite so... dead.

"She has about a 50-50 chance of survival. It's better than before, though, right?" Louis' voice came from the doorway. 

"How'd you know that?" I asked, my voice sounding eerily loud in the empty room.

"If you'd waited for the rest of us, you've heard the doctor tell us. He also said that it wouldn't really help to stay here, so we can go."

"Why do you want to leave so much?"

"Because I'm not a fan of seeing someone I love lying there, not knowing if they're going to love or not. You weren't there when you were in the hospital, but it really sucks. You can stay if you want,but everyone else is going. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" 

I nodded, half wanting him to leave, but the other half wanting him to turn around and stay with me.

I watched him disappear around the corner.

A/N

Aaaaggghhh this is getting so sad..... I really like how the next chapter is going in my head, so that should be good.

I say no more.

I wouldlove to stay and chat, but I need to go. So I guess that is all for now, wondeous burritos!