Chapter 52

~Eleanor's POV~

"Do you want to get married, Louis?" I gasped out before I knew what I was saying.

"I- uh- I-" Louis stuttered. I knew this was unfair, but I didn't want my heart broken again if I was going to take him back.

"I'm sorry, Lou. Look, you don't have to answer that. I mean, I-"

"Are you in LA?" he cut me off quickly.

"Yeah, but Lou-"

"Meet me at Gispacho's at 6. Gotta go bye," he spat out quickly.

"Lou-"

He hung up.

Ugh. Boys.

~Louis' POV~

"Gotta go bye," I quickly told Eleanor, and hung up before she could protest.

"What are you going to do?" asked Zayn, who had been listening to our conversation.

"It's a surprise. I gotta go shopping. Wanna come?" I was talking quickly now.

"Are you sure you're not gay?" Zayn teased. 

I smacked his head. "Yes. Don't make fun, it's a gift. I only have... 2 hours to find the perfect thing, okay? It's important," I whined, bouncing on my toes.

"The only reason I'm coming with you is to make sure you don't spend the whole time picking out an outfit," he told me, dragging his feet out the door. 

~Eleanor's POV, 5:59~

I waited outside  Gispachio's, tapping my toe impatiently. 

I lookeddown at my watch, and as the clock struck 6, I felt a warm pair of arm wrpt around my waist.

"Good to see you, El. Next time you might want to try facing the street." Louis teased me as I shrieked with surprise.

I blushed. "Good to see you too, Louis," I grinned. I'd missed him.

"You look beautiful, as usual."

I was wearing a blue high-low skirt, and a white tank top. I'd paired the outfit with a pair of blue strappy sandles and left my hair down and natural.

"Thank you. Nice suspenders," I commented, ignoring the elephant in the room.

"Let's go inside, shall we?"

I nodded and let him lead me in. After a nice meal, he asked me to go outside with him for a moment.

I agreed, and he led me, again, outside.

"So, El, you called me, or Zayn called you, that is, but we were talking today, and you made me think. You're the most beautiful girl in the world, and the most beautiful girl who ever will be in the world, and the most beautiful girl who has ever been in the world. I know there have been flying rumors about me and Harry, but you stuck with me despite all that. I know you've never had the best time dating me, and I know this probably won't make it any easier. But, El, I'm not ready to marry. However, you are the girl I want to marry. So this isn't an engagment ring, it's a promise ring. I never really understood the point of these, but I do now. So, Eleanor, I know this isn't the best propasal, but I didn't want to deal with all the paps, because we both know they would've been there, but will you, Eleanor Calder, promise to... ah, I have no idea what to ask. I guess, do you want to marry me sometime in the future?" he asked me, bending down on one knee.

Author's Note

Look at me. Updating earlier than expected. I honestly had no idea where I was going to go with this, and uh Louis' speech kind of sucks, so I'll need to edit that later...

I decided to have a big editing day the day after school ends. Hopefully the story will be done by then. I know I don't really go back and read the edited version, but if you do then cool, and if you don't, then hopefully there will be some new burritos to enjoy it. 

I wanted to tell you guys this yesterday, but when I was writing the last chapter, I was listening to Legally Blonde. IDK why I'm saying this. I think it influenced me in some way. I don't know. Don't judge meh

You know what really really annoys me? When you have a crush on them and they have a fucking girlfriend but your crush just keeps doing all these things to make you just... I wonder if his girlfriend notices the little things I notice. I'd like to think she doesn't, but she probably does. I bet he doesn't sit next to her in Math, though. 

He doesn't. Because he's not in the same Math class. #foreveralone

Sorry to keep ranting about my forever aloneness. It just depresses meh

So I was going to work on MCD (which is a giant school project that's due next Tuesday) but I decided to update instead. You know you love me.

On that note, adieu from the forever alone burrito.

(Dedicated to @kellycoyle888 because she made me think of this chapter at lunch and I appreaciate that. ILYYYYY)

(Picture of Hatchi's dog on side because I ship Zerrie so hard and if don't then you can GTFO)