Chapter 16

Harry pressed his lips to mine as fireworks exploded in my mind.

"Still feel that way?" He whispered in my ear.

I shook my head and kissed him back. It was passionate, it was crazy, but it wasn't love.

Or maybe it was. I had never been in love before.

We stood there kissing, with me on my tiptoes, experiencing the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced. This was...

You know when people say that when they kissed someone there were fireworks behind their eyes? Well, this felt like every single firework that goes off on the forth of July exploding behind my eyes. This was real.

We broke apart and Harry said that he was going to call Paul. I nodded.

He called Paul, and told me that he would be here in about 20 min.

We sat awkwardly for a moment when he took my hand.

"Becca, I want to know something. It's obvious you like Niall. But you also seem to like me. Did you mean it when you said you don't feel that way anymore?" He asked me.

I looked down. Harry's kiss had made me forget all about Niall.

"Yeah. I meant it." I said, and I leaned over and kissed him.

He pulled away, and his face was covered by his famous grin, complete with dimple. Wow. What did I do to deserve Harry Styles?

"Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou." He was like a little kid in a candy shop.

I grinned, and kissed him again. We stayed like that for a while, just kissing, nothing more, when it started to rain. I hadn't been planning on rain, and my makeup started to run. He laughed at me and put his arms around me. "Are you cold?" He asked.

I nodded, shivering.

He pulled off his blazer and put it around me. I smiled up at him.

Just then, Paul pulled up.

"Get in! You're getting soaked!" Paul yelled at us.

We rushed into the car. "Have a good time?" Paul asked.

We both nodded.

"Good. Well, no kissing in the backseat. I don't want to see that."

We both sighed.

"Team Edward or Team Jacob?" I asked Harry.

"Team Jacob all the way. Taylor Lautner is hot!" Harry answered.

I gaped at him. "Yeah, but Edward and Bella were meant for each other!"

"So? Jacob is still hot."

"I don't think I can go out with someone who's Team Jacob."

"But he's so hot!"

"I know. Maybe I'll go and date him instead of you." I teased Harry.

He pouted. "That's not very nice!"

I tapped his nose. "Say you're Team Edward."

"NEVER!"

I started tickling him. "SAY IT!"

"NOOO!!!"

I tickled him some more.

"FINE! I GIVE UP! TEAM EDWARD! TEAM EDWARD!"

I sat back in my seat satisfied.

"All right, kiddos! We're here!"

Harry and I climbed out of the car. It was almost 10 o'clock.

Niall came rushing out.

"BECCA! WHAT'S WRONG? DID HARRY MAKE YOU CRY?" he shouted, reminding me that my makeup was running. The rain had stopped, though.

My stomach dropped at the sight of him. I stared at him, in his pajamas. He wasn't wearing a shirt. Omygod. This was just too much.

"No-I-rain-" I stuttered.

Harry sighed next to me.

"Niall, can I talk to Becca for a moment? Alone?"

Niall nodded and went back inside.

"Becca.." Harry started. "It's so obvious. Please don't make this harder on both of us."

"What's so obvious?" I said, staring after Niall.

"You like Niall. Not me."

"Oh..."

"Look, I don't think this is going to work out if you just stare after Niall every time you see him. We need to break this off before it hurts even more. I think we're better as friends."

I nodded. I knew he was right.

He sighed. He leaned down and kissed me one last time. All I could think about was what it would be like to kiss Niall.

He stared back inside.

"Harry?" I called.

"Yes?" He said, looking like he was hoping I would change my mind.

"I'm sorry."

____________________________________________________

Author's Note

So. No more Hecca. Augh. I really hate this fanfic right now. I just have to make everyone sad.

On a completely unrelated note, could you guys go read @emspieg's fanfic? It's called Through the Window.

I love all of you!!!