Chapter 2

Sobs racked my body as I tore through the streets towards my friend, Fiona's house. She would let me stay.

Right?

I felt like every single aspect of my life had gotten together and decided to screw with my mind:my body, my family; who was to say my friends weren't invited to the meeting either?

I arrived at her place. Thankfully, she lived alone so I wouldn't have to worry about the prying questions of her parents.

I knocked on her door, and waited for her answer.

"Who is it?" Came the perky response.

"It's me," I glumly called back.

"Bex? What's wrong?"

"Can I come in? It's kind of a long story."

"Of course! The door's open,"

I pushed my way through the door and found her right where I expected, standing over a pot in the kitchen, attempting to make pasta. Again.

"Oh, Fiona, you don't have to keep stirring it... You can just stir it once and walk away."

She looked down and her pot of pasta. "Hey. Don't change the subject. What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Oh, yeah. Seeing her pitiful attempt at cooking had made me forget for a moment.

"My dad... " Just thinking about him make me break down in sobs. "And the doctor said.... " I began blubbering harder than ever.

"Shhh.... I know... I know..... It's gonna be ok..."

"That's the thing," I said, getting my sobs under control, "it's not going to be ok. My dad kicked me out and.... And.... The doctor said I have...... 6 months..." I broke down again.

"Oh.... Do you want to stay here? And six months for what?"

"To.....live..." The tears streamed down my face. (A/N See what I did there?)

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you very well. Did you just say... To live?!"

I slowly nodded.

"Well, stop crying then!"

I stared at her.

"What! You think I'm going to let you waste your last few months throwing yourself a pity party? How about no! We're going to complete every. Single. Item. On your bucket list. Ok? Now go write it. Every single thing you want to do with your life, and we'll figure out a plan, ok?"

I smiled. At least Fiona hadn't betrayed me.

The Bucket List

1. Meet One Direction

2. Be kissed

3. Go to Paris

4. Go to London

5. Sing in front of a large audience

6. Jump into a taxi and yell "follow that car!!!"

7. Walk up to a random stranger, hand them a briefcase, and say "you know what to do" then walk away.

8. Turn around in a giant chair and say "I've been expecting you."

9. Go on a romantic date

10. Feel Harry Style's curls

11. Get a Horan hug

12. Slap Louis' bum (Sorry)

13. Be famous