Chapter 43

~Louis' POV~

I pulled out my phone and walked out of the room where we'd decided Niall's fate to call Eleanor.

"Lou?" I heard her familiar voice over the phone. "Is Niall okay?"

"Well, he's.. Uh... He's brain dead. We decided to give him three days to see if he wakes up, but if not..." I trailed off, not wanting to say what would happen if he didn't wake up.

She got it anyway. "Oh, Boobear, I'm so sorry."

I sighed. "That's not why I called though."

"Why'd you call?" She asked, sounding like she knew.

"I think... Unless Niall wakes up... I think we need a break, El. It's just a bit too much to handle. I'm sorry I couldn't do this in person. You know I would have. I can't exactly leave now, though."

"Why, Lou? What's going on?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm not feeling it right now. Maybe we can get back together later, but not now. I'm so sorry."

She sighed shakily. "Okay. Okay. I guess I'll see you around, then."

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "Bye, El."

"Bye," She whispered.

"What's happened?" Harry appeared at the door.

"I broke up with Eleanor." I was annoyed all of a sudden.

"Oh, I'm sorry.. Why?"

"It's adult stuff. You wouldn't understand."

His green eyes flashed with anger. "So now I'm a kid? Sorry for caring."

"I don't need you to take care of me."

Now there was hurt mixed in with the anger in those green, green eyes. "You don't need me? Oh, fine then, you can just tell someone else when you need to be an idiot. I don't need to hear you talking about your problems with the fans calling us a couple. You can take them to someone else, because I've stopped caring."

"Good! I don't need your help with it. At least I had a girlfriend some people shipped me with!" My temper was rising. I knew I was overreacting, but I was this close to cracking.

Harry's mouth dropped and his cheeks colored. "Well, at least I can-"

"What's going on? Are you guys fighting?" Rebecca came in.

We turned on her. "Yes!"

"Guys, please don't fight... Even without Niall, you're still One Direction."

"No we're not! We won't be the same without Niall!" Harry practically shouted at her.

She shrunk back, tears coming to her eyes. "But... You'll still be a band, right? Right?" Her eyes had become desperate, searching.

"There's just no point without Niall." Harry said, and walked out of the room with his head down.

~~~~~~~Three Days Later~~~~~~~

~Rebecca's POV~

He still wasn't awake.

We'd made the decision to pull the plug if he didn't wake up in three days.

Harry and Louis weren't speaking.

Fiona wasn't telling me why she'd been avoiding Harry, telling me it wasn't important.

Zayn had let himself fall apart.

Liam had been more and more angry with the rest of us.

Now we were all here, waiting to see if Niall would move, if anything would happen.

It wasn't.

"Are you ready?" the doctor asked us.

Louis stood closer to Harry. I think they forgave each other in that moment. Louis put his arm around Harry's shoulder, and Harry put his head on top of Louis'.

Zayn ran a hand through his hair and Fiona put her arm around me. Liam hugged the rest of us, silently apologizing for the past few days.

It was silent in the room. None of us were ready to say goodbye to the poor leprechaun lying in that white bed.

He was so innocent. So little. He was our little boy, the one we could take care of. He was the funny one, the one with the best laugh. He was the one with a few insecurities, but he didn't let them stop him from achieving his dream. He was the little boy in an elephant costume, he was just an adorable little kid who was playing in the street at the wrong time. He was the one who didn't care about looks, who didn't just see a girl for her face or her body, but for who she really was. He was the guy from Nandos, the guy with an angel living inside him.

I bent down to kiss Niall's cold lips one last time, the taste of my tears infecting the last kiss I would ever give to my first love.

__________________________

A/N

*sobs uncontrollably*

I'm so, so, so sorry.

I'm sorry about Niall and I'm sorry about Elounor and I'm sorry I've been very vague about the thing with Fiona but I'll clear that up soon.

I almost cried while I was writing this.

Did you guys here about the thing in Boston. </3

Some people suck, you guys know that?

Anyway, I guess I had a pretty sucky day, so sorry if the chapter sucked.

See you guys soon.