Chapter 47

~Fiona's POV~

"And... I have a personal policy against long distance relationships," I told Harry.

His eyes fell to the ground, and I could see his heart shatter through them, breaking my heart as well. "So.. this is it then? You're just... leaving?"

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry, Haz. It's just... when I was about 16 I had a boyfriend, and he was a few years older than me, so he went to college, and we were still together." I shook my head, remembering John. "He came back for Thanksgiving, and he brought his girlfriend with him. That's when he remember that, you know, I existed."

"Fiona... I'm so sorry. But I would never do that. I have never cheated on anyone. And I have a personal policy against cheating," he told me, his green eyes searching mine for any sign of hope.

I sighed. "I don't have to leave for another few days. I'll think about it, okay? But no promises," I told him before I kissed him softly and walked back to my room.

~Harry's POV, the next morning~

"Fiona?" I gently poked the sleeping girl.

"Go away I wanna sleep..." she moaned.

"Get uuuuuppppppppppppp I have a surprise for yoooooouuuuuuu," I moaned back.

"Nooooooooo," she moaned again.

I frowned, and then got an idea. "OH MY GOD IT'S MATT SMITH FIONA WATKE UP!"

She shot up. "Bowtie what? Matt Smith?" she sort of mumbled, still tired.

"Sorry, it was a joke. Get out of bed!"

She scowled at me, but got up. She was wearing giant sweatpants and a tee-shirt covered with paint stains. Her hair was frizzy and she wasn't wearing makeup, but to me she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

"You're not Matt Smith," she growed angrily.

"I know. But I'm British and I wear bow ties, so it's like the same thing," i told her, and straitened my blue bow tie.

She looked at my outfit and gasped. "Harry! You're legs! they can... breathe!" she teased me, indicating my non-skinny jeans.

I looked down. "Yeah, I decided to dress like.. what do you guys call it? Fetus Harry? Well, I decided to dress like my younger self today."

She looked me up and down, noticing my blzer and bowtie to go with my white button down shirt.

She smiled shyly. "For... me?"

I nodded. "I know you're not going to stay, but I'm going to the best I can to keep you my girlfriend."

Her eyes got wide. "Really?"

"Fiona, when you walked into me at Disneyland, you were obviously looking for a place to go. I want to always give you a place to come back to if you're lost. Now, I have a whole thing to do, so could you please come and watch?" I told her.

"Why?" she asked me, sounding a little bit scared.

"Why what?"

"Why are you acting like this? Everyone else looks past me and sees Rebecca. I'm the invisible best friend, the one you come crying back to after he breaks your heart. Why do you care about the invisible girl?" 

"Because I love you, Fiona. And reason and love keep little company. You'll never be invisble to me, okay? I know people have looked through in the past, but now I'm looking at you."

"I love you, too," she told me and kissed me again.

Our lips worked in perfect harmony, forming the kind of kiss you never wanted to end.