Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My eyes filled with tears, but I quickly blinked them away. This couldn't be right. I was only 18, not nearly old enough to... To...

Die.

"Look, Dr. Shemwa, something must be wrong with the tests. I feel fine," I told the doctor with the steely grey eyes.

Her eyes softened. "Look, Rebecca, I'm sorry, but we have the newest testing equipment there is. I'm sorry, but you only have a year to live. And that's only if you spend all your time here, hooked in. Without that, you'll have about six or seven months."

This couldn't be happening.

I've never been kissed. I've never even gone on a date. I've never gone to prom. I've never been to London. I've never been to Paris. I've never met One Direction. I've never sung in front of a crowd. I'll never be able to live my dream.

My dad walked in, looking very business like in his pinstripe suit and fancy shoes. His salt and pepper hair only added to the illusion. The grey walls of the examination room seemed to close in in his presence.

"Rebecca, this better be important, because I left a very important business meeting to be here. I told you to come here alone."

"Mr. Michaels, if you would have a seat, we have some bad news that you should hear about," Dr. Shemwa stated.

"Fine. Make it quick."

"I'm dying, Dad."

"Rebecca, don't be so dramatic. You're not dying."

"Actually, sir, she is. She has about 6-10 months to live."

His eyes almost softened at this

Almost.

"No, you're not. Now stop this, or you have no where to sleep tonight."

My stomach dropped. I knew he wasn't bluffing. He did the same thing to Mom, and I hadn't seen her since.

"Mr. Michaels, Rebecca is your daughter! Don't you care that she's dying?"

"She's not. I will give you one more chance, Rebecca, and then I'm leaving."

I turned my green eyes into my lap, my light brown hair falling on to my face. I couldn't lie, but I could not be alone.

He realized what I was doing, and walked away without so much as a goodbye.

__________________________ Authors Note

Haha cliffhanger you guys

Ok I'll update soon, I promise. And (hint) One Direction is in the nextm chapter!!! Woohoo!!!