I'll Take Care of You

Start from the beginning

"In a way." I answered.

"Well, sorry about that. Just here to check her bags." The nurse said, then started changing them. Then I heard the best sound I've hears in what seems like forever. A weak cough. I sprinted to Elsa's side, and saw her coughing and her eyes weakly fluttering open.

"Liz!" I said.

She just weakly raised her hand and tapped her throat..... WATER! I ran and grabbed a water bottle, and popped the cap on it. Then I slowly helped her drink from it until she finished every last drop.

"Jack." She said after she finished and weakly hugged me. I hugged her back and I could feel tears sliding down my face.

"I honestly thought you weren't going to make it, you almost died." I said.

"Stop crying, I promised you I would come back to you. I'm still here silly." She said chuckling.

I nodded, and let go of her and wiped my tears away.

"Good morning Elizabeth, see you are up." The doctor said walking into the room.

"Yeah, feel like crap too. How is Sophie?"

"Sophie is alive and cancer free. She can go back to her home in a few days, and be a kid again. You; however; are a different story." he said.

"What?" she asked.

"Liz, you lost a lot of blood, and had a lot of internal damage done from sideburns making things even worse. It is going to take you a long time to heal, and you are going to be weak for a while." I said.

"Meaning?" she asked again

"You are going to be here for at least the rest of the week, and I'm going to take care of you for at least the next month." I answered while taking her hand.

"Oh..." she said.

"Well, I'm going to get you some food and pain medicine. You get some rest, and I'll see you in the morning." the doctor said, then left the room.

"Jack, what am I going to do if Hans wants me to do a heist? I can't say no." she said.

"I know, Mer and I will cover for you. I don't want you to think about a thing besides getting better."

"Okay." she said. Then she noticed the bear that was on the bed and smiled. I chuckled at her, then handed her the bear. She squealed and started hugging it.

"You like it?" I chuckled.

"I love it, thank you!" she said.

"I thought you would."

"Jack, now that I'm up, why don't you go home and get cleaned up, maybe rest some. You look like you haven't showered or slept in days."

"Cause I haven't." I shrugged.

"Go then, besides I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." she said.

"You'd better not. I'll be back in 1-2 hours." I said. I quickly kissed her head, then I drove home.

I took a long shower making sure I was clean and smelled decent, then I put on a pair of gray sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and a pair of moccasins. I grabbed a large bag and packed some a few things for Elsa. I got her a pair of gray sweatpants, a loose fitting ice blue short sleeved shirt, a pair of ice blue Uggs with cute bows on them, clean undergarments, night blinders, some ice blue Beats, ice blue nail polish, a few movies, hair stuff, some books, a violin, art supplies, toiletries, a warm blanket, and a pillow. I packed a separate bag and got a couple changes of clothes for me, toiletries, and my laptop.