Birthday

Jack's POV

I woke up hearing the sound of someone knocking on the door. I ran down the stairs and saw Elsa sleeping on the furry rug near the fireplace, face resting on a book.

I opened the door, and Merida and Hiccup were standing there with presents.

"Hey guys, what's with the gifts?"

"It is Elsa's 22nd birthday!" Mer said pushing me out of the way and walking in the house.

It is her birthday! Why didn't she tell me?!?!?!

Merida was kneeling beside her gently shaking her.

"Elsa, rise and shine birthday girl."

Elsa's eyes fluttered open, and she smiled when she saw Merida.

"Hey Mer, what are you doing here?" she yawned.

"It is your birthday silly, you're turning 22. I came by to give you a present, take you out, and spend time with you."

"Ugh! You know I hate my birthday." Elsa groaned.

Why would someone her age hate their birthday?

"Please, I miss you Els. I can take care of myself, please don't shut me out." Mer said softly, and I could tell tears were in her eyes.

"Mer............" Elsa started.

"Please, you are basically my sister. We have protected each other all these years, we are the best dynamic duo. Now all of a sudden you shut me out."

"Exactly Merida, that is what I'm trying to do now, protect you. I love you too much to let anything happen to you."

"Elsa, I can take care of myself. I went through the same training as you. Elsa, I know you are trying to make it easier when you leave, but right now I feel like you hate me and are abandoning me."

"Mer.........." Elsa said with tears in her eyes, "I could never hate you." Then she raised her middle finger in the air, "Bad-ass sisters forever?"

"Forever!" Mer said, and interlocked her middle finger with Elsa's. Then they hugged it out. If only she would listen to me.

"Let's get you ready, me and Hiccup have the whole day planned. You're going to love my present! I had it shipped and then tweaked it for you!" Mer said, then dragged Elsa upstairs.

I quickly got ready, then sat downstairs with Hiccup on a couch.

"So Jack, what are you doing here?" he said smirking at me.

"Elsa worked me so hard yesterday at dance practice I couldn't move my legs, so I couldn't ride my bike home. She let me stay in one of her spare rooms and sleep here." I said.

"How is she holding up? Mer said she is getting really depressed lately."

"It is bad, but she still has some fight left in her." I said.

"I feel bad for her, Mer told me everything. Her life has been horrible, yet she hasn't turned dark yet. She is just a lost soul, waiting to be found." he said.

"Alright, where are we going?" Elsa said walking into the room looking simple yet beautiful in a pair of black leggings, a loose cream blouse with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, a pair of black pointy toed heels, a few rings on her fingers, a little makeup on, her disguise on, a honey blonde wig that reached down past her shoulders, and a black clutch. (Outfit in media section)

"Merida picked out all of your favorite places." Hiccup said smiling at her, but first open your presents."

"Fine, but you really didn't have to get anything." Elsa said, then sat down and took her presents.