9). It's A 'Hard' Life

Comincia dall'inizio

What am I kidding, Jack wouldn't want me. I'm just the desperate best friend who can't even hold a relationship for her life. I'm being stupid, Jack would want me I mean he did just get hard. Feeling cold without Jack's warmth, I rest my cold hands between my thighs in an attempt to warm them.

"Noraaaaaaa, are you the one with the lady boner right now." Jack curiously asked, scaring the shit out of me.

"Dude no, I was warming my hands. You would understand if none of your clothes had pockets." I defended myself, still trying to warm my hands.

"Surreeeeeee" Jack said, his wet hair looking adorable and messy.

"Does everything with you have to be about boners?" I ask, lazily watching him from my spot on the couch.

"Boners and Boobs" He correct me, making my eyes roll.

"Man whore" I mumble.

"If I'm a man whore will you be my lady whore?" He asked me, smiling with his big brown eyes begging me to say yes.

"Is this you're way of asking me out and Jacky we all know I'll be the man." I continue, watching the goofy boy standing in front of the TV. b

"Okay will you be my man whore?" He grinned.

"Bitch, I'm already your man whore." I tell him through laughs. Getting sick of my shit, Jack jumps onto of me, crushing my body into the couch. I feel his wet hair against me as he kisses me, his shampoo smells great but it's making me need to sneeze. Pulling away from the kiss, I leave Jack confused for a moment before sneezing on his face.

"Gross" He complains, wiping his face before rolling on the floor.

"I blame your shampoo" I say, sitting up.

"Next time I'll remember not to use it" He tells me as he searches through the junk in his room to find something.

"No, I like it, it smells good it you." I put in, right before I sneeze again.

"Much sense make" He teases me, as he searches through a pile f movies on his floor. I'm not even sure how I stuffed up on the simple sentence but English is hard even for someone who grew up with it. "Wanna watch a movie" Jack pipes in handing me the pile of DVDs he had gathered.

"Home Alone, Home alone lost in New York, white chicks, Aladdin ..." I list off, when Jack rudely interrupts.

"Let's watch a horror movie!"

"No" I sharply reply. Unlike Jack, I hate horror I can't stand the suspense of someone jumping out at you with a chainsaw. It's not even the movie that scares me, it's afterwards with the shadows on the wall and me over thinking.

"Awh, is Nora scared?" Jack asked.

Death staring him, I reply "No but I don't like horror."

"I think your scared." Jack mocks, I know what he's doing he's trying to hurt my pride so I'll watch it and it's working.

"Okay, okay, I'll watch it." I say giving in to Jack who starts piling up blankets on the couch for the movie. "But you have to get snacks and if you scare me I will slap you." I threaten staring at my best friend, or is he now my boyfriend, I don't know.

Finally when we have snacks, Jack starts the movie. I curl into the blankets, hugging the bowl of popcorn against my chest. "Damn it, Nora you were suppose to be hugging me for comfort not the popcorn." Jack complains, spreading himself across the couch, sticking his cold feet underneath me.

Sticking my tongue out, I tell him the most important rule. "Food before dudes."

As the movie progresses, I'm hugging the popcorn even tighter and eating, my eyes glued to the gore on TV. "Nora?" Jack asks, looking at me his face lit up by the TV screen.

"Yeah" I mumble, through a mouth full of popcorn.

"Cuddle with me?" He continues, using puppy dog eyes.

"Nope" I tell him.

"But I'm scared." He pouts, opening his arms out like a teddy bear.

"You're kidding right?" I ask, even for someone scared easily I could handle this on my own just with some food.

"Nope" He replied, using those big brown sad eyes that you can't deny.

"Fine then" I grumble, moving over so his arms can wrap around me.

Clamping onto me, Jack uses this opportunity to say. "I'm actually not scared I just want you to bring the popcorn over."

"Bitch" I mutter, annoyed that he had gotten me out of my blanket cocoon.