CHAPTER 50: UNKNOWN AGONY

Natasha's POV

I was still in a daze, listening to the stories of the Lunatic Sisters.

They're freaking Dragons and no one in Metaneart knows about it. Even the Professors were oblivious to the fact since Professor Cerberus Dixton had already assured them that their identity would be well secured when they enrolled in Metaneart a year ago.

The girls were more experienced than I ever thought. After they were rescued in the Northern Islands, they spent a decade with the tribes and then ventured to Cambodia a few years ago. The governing parties of the Northern Mountains left them on a Sorcerer Island and from there, they got to enrol in Metaneart as Dhuvana Niker and Elvira Lister.

With their super-sensing and agility, they were able to discover more and more about Metaneart and they were influenced by Akio Aryan's tales from Mrs Barlow and Mr English, who were enthralled by the sisters' cunning troubles and never felt tired to rant about another similar and the only greatest trouble-creator, Akio Aryan.

" I feel like I'm dreaming now. "

El and Van threw me a look and chuckled.

" We are the sane dragons, who are left in Ukiyo. It's okay to feel like dreaming. " Van boasted, flipping her imaginary long hair like a world beauty.

" What's sane dragons though? "

" It's to mention the dragons who hadn't gone insane. We're not familiar with the term by far but we're also sure, this term was used in the domain. " Van shrugged and decided to move away from the painting first to find a way out.

As El trailed after her sister, I stayed beside the painting. I watched it in silence with sadness building in the bottom of my heart for some unknown reason. Being pulled to the painting, I touched what I guessed was a teal-coloured dragon standing near a cave.

I didn't remember anything else than touching the painting before I was pulled into the dark. I screamed missing my balance and fell on the floor along with Scrazzy jerking awake from my bag to spring out of it like lightning.

I groaned, grabbing my ankle. Scrazzy meowed, loudly, as if she was complaining about me to some inexistent being. I hissed and clumsily tried to search for my mobile which also left my grip the second I slipped my footing. But I was in the middle of pitch darkness where I could see nothing apart from Scrazzy's annoyed blue eyes. I don't have to be frightened since Scrazzy looked nowhere near panicked about the unknown surroundings.

Meowing lazily, Scrazzy moved somewhere around me and I heard her scratching something.

" Scrazzy! Kittycatty, don't go anywhere! " I tried to follow her eyes and with a grunt from Scrazzy, I noticed a faint light before the fairy quickly emerged out of my bag.

I completely forgot bringing Raven with me. Of course, she insisted on following me before she fell into a deep sleep in my pencil pouch.

" Thank goodness, Raven! Please, help me find my phone. " I saw Raven quickly nodding her head before she fluttered her wings which slowly brightened.

With Raven's help, I finally picked up my fallen bag and the mobile a few inches away from me. Turning on the flashlight, I tried to inspect where I was. The place was narrowed to a straight path and behind me was nothing but a wall. But how did I even end up here?

I touched the painting and puff! I fell into darkness and reached a floor out of nowhere.

Did I stumble into another secret passage in Metaneart?