CHAPTER 38: DEATH SHRINE

Erik's POV

I was looking at my parents on the other side, their hands clasped under the table. They were unusually quiet for some time and I found Appa, often, glancing at me and turning away to others before I could catch his eyes.

All through the last week, none of us were able to link his mind or himself, who had been perishing his time in his study, avoiding everyone. The last time I checked his study, it was turned upside-down, with destroyed furniture, books and flower pots scattered everywhere.

Appa cherished those books and flowers because Dad loved them so much. But what had happened so hard for him to demolish his entire room?

" Rayon, are you here?! "

I flinched and nodded at Hyu-Jun Hyung. They were all looking at me, now.

" You said you wanted to say something. " Hyung reminded.

" Yeah... It's about Dahlia. " I knew Chulyong Hyung tensed in his chair, his eyes burning holes through my head. Nonetheless, I told them our suspicion. " Damon and I think Dahlia could be a Witch or a Ryunz. "

Deciding to avoid Damon barking at the back of my head on how it was only him who doubted it and my brothers who looked disappointed at the mention of his name, I decided to turn to my parents.

" We think she's not an ordinary Witch or Ryunz we've grown to see. Do you have something to say about it? "

They looked clueless just as I was before Appa suddenly tilted his head to the side, his eyes unfocused.

" Records. Records from Zraa. I haven't checked it yet. " Within a breath, he disappeared in thin air and after almost four minutes, he was seated on his chair with four arranged catalogues. " All of you, brush your brains! " he announced before shoving files on our faces after Dad picked up the first one.

" List of Aquatic Anomaly in Ukiyo? " Hyu-Jun Hyung read the heading and glanced at Appa. " Don't you think it's a waste of time—

" No time for your whining, Jun-ah. I might not get hold of you again if I let you off now. " Appa threw another file on his face before he indulged himself in one, paying no concern to any of our annoying whines.

Heaving a heavy breath, I opened the file.

" Are all your records dated from about 6000 years ago? " Chulyong Hyung was turning the pages as I halted and looked all the way down to the corner which read: 1016 BeginningofNewEra

" Yes. " Jison and Hansung Hyung raised their heads uniformly after Dad and Hyu-Jun Hyung simply nodded, saying the same.

" So, all these details are collected after the Battle. " Appa plopped on his chair, staring at the ceiling as his eyes turned unfocused yet again.

What didn't go right was the sigh which escaped Dad's lips.

" I'm not going to listen to you, Won-ah. Don't waste your energy today. " Appa suddenly said before Dad clenched their hands.

" I wasn't saying anything loud, My Love. "

We saw Appa stiffen for a second as he suddenly jerked and his eyes met mine. Didn't take too much time to see the icy-frosted field of the Southern Territory behind a barely built barrier of his mind. But the area I saw through his memories was unfamiliar and I don't think it was a flowing river which I just saw—

" Kim Ray Taison, close your eyes and mind, you idiot! " Appa screamed as his eyes gleamed bright and the images of the unfamiliar place were concealed under darkness.