CHAPTER 17: HISTORY CLASS

Erik's POV

" Daiki! " I yelled immediately after noticing his body slumped on the ground near a tree.

He was awfully cold and looked as if he was run by a drought.

" Daiki! Daiki, look at me! Are you there? " I slapped his cheek trying to get him back to consciousness.

I should be thankful for Alishia's scent which helped me to this particular spot in the middle of the Southern mountain. But He's exhausted. He'll not wake up anytime soon.

I rushed up to my feet and wandered my eyes all around the snow-covered land.

How am I going to find Amanda?

There's no other scent other than Daiki's around the perimeter.

" Damon-ah, I need your help, "

This sounds ridiculous but I'd no choice but to seek Damon's help.

' The Great Kim Erik Taison needs my help? What an amazing day it is than being accused of killing your mate's cousin's baby! WOW. ' he squealed like a high-school girl with imaginary pigtails.

" This is just a small help, " I grumbled, lowly.

' Small or big or short or long or huge or tiny, the Kim Erik Taison asked Kim Damom Stevertson a help! '

" Fine, I'll do it by myself. " I snapped immediately regretting my choice of asking him but Damon was quick to snicker.

' Chill, bro, there's no other people who could help you right now. ' he quickly rolled his eyes and stopped squealing. ' You're searching for the tiny greyhead, right? Where do you think she'd hide if she wanted to run away from others? '

" Probably in a frozen lake as her mother said, "

' Frozen lake? ' he tilted his head before exploding into a non-stop fuming battle. ' Why are you people so desperate to kill yourself by diving into frozen lakes?! Don't you people have other places to go?! There's freaking 116 alternate universes out there unlike this one but you people still decide to jump into freezing frozen lakes! ' he sounded pretty serious and so furious.

" Yeah, yeah, I know you care too much about us, now start doing your black magic thing and find that girl. "

' Hey, that's not black magic! This is art! ' he snapped, offended as always.

I shrugged with an eye roll and patiently waited for his signal.

If I had gotten a sniff of Amanda's scent, I might've found her sooner. But there's no scent other than Daiki's around the mountain. It was like Amanda had no scent and no wolf to communicate.

No wolf...?

Wait, why hadn't I ever felt her wolf?

If she was residing within her, then how was she surviving by jumping into frozen lakes?

I survive a small period in frozen lakes because of my own demon powers. But it's still not sufficient for me to have a permanent stay because it surely be a dead-end to Daios.

Though she exists with ice as her oxygen, it's pretty hard for ice-dependent wolves to stay in the same temperature, right?

' Right! I think she's somewhere near the Southwest of where you are right now. That's the only place I can sense a living from here, '

Werewolves have stronger hunting senses that we could sense any kind of scent around our perimeter. Equivalent to us, Demons were usually hungry, not for food, but for power. They survive by draining others' power. Their senses were pretty good and Damon had skills to find any living around our surroundings by sensing the power radiating from the heart of the living.