CHAPTER 49: YOU'RE DRAGONS?

Author's POV

Lunatic Sisters and Natasha were drawn closer than before in a short duration after the April Monthly Dwell. Natasha often found herself seeking Van's advice about Pratilacs and El's opinions on historical events. They had thought her a few more incantations for Natasha to practice too. They sometimes offered to help Hyu-Jun with records about the races while, of course, Ralph preferred to nap on the table.

During the weekend, Natasha had arrived at Metaneart just like every day. Saturdays were mandatory for the Super-Senior students to attend, who pursue more than 3 years in Metaneart while others were free to be at home. 

Ralph " Are you seriously in school, right now? " he yawned from the other side of the phone, barely mumbling the words.

Natasha " I told you yesterday. Everybody has work today. Jun just left me with Scrazzy. "

Ralph " Should I come over? Why did you even— " with some shuffling, Natasha didn't hear what was Ralph cursing under his breath. " I'll be there in less than an hour, "

Natasha " You don't have to, Ralph, "

Ralph " Yes, I should. You went missing right before my eyes and now, I don't want to miss this awesome-yet-boring human between the secret passages. "

Chuckling softly, Natasha declined the call as she walked into the superstructure and greeted some of the portraits, who recognised her. On seeing the certain mirror on the ceiling, away from reach, Natasha slowly stopped with Scrazzy looking up at her in confusion.

" So, this mirror is an Astreaz... What can it actually do? "

The sight of Natasha looking up at the only mirror on the ceiling of the first floor was what greeted the Lunatic Sisters when they climbed down the stairs after breakfast.

" Good Morning, " Natasha greeted, noticing them after Scrazzy made a dramatic turn to look at where the sound of footsteps was coming from.

Greeting her with a smile, Van dashed to her. " What are you doing here looking up at it like an artist? "

" Ah— Yeah, I just...

" Do you know about the mirror? " El asked as soon as she was near, also raising her head to look at it. " It's an Astreaz. "

" You know?! "

" So you do know about an Astreaz. Our hearing didn't fail us. We thought you were just saying something else but turns out, the human knows about Astreaz too. "

" A man from a portrait told me about it, Van. But how do you guys know it? "

" Akio's journal. He introduced the concept of Astreaz in forms in Metaneart first. " Van described, proudly.

" Akio... Yeah. Hey, I was wondering...if you knew something about the restricted sections of Metaneart. " she curiously eyed the sisters, who glanced at each other and slowly nodded. " I actually wanted to ask you about them for a while now. "

" Restricted sections aren't forgotten like other stuff in Metaneart, Natasha. It's still guarded but if you want something like a secret path then...I think we can find one for you. " Van said as El shrugged her shoulders, nonchalantly.

" If it's not trouble for you, I'd really appreciate some help with them too. "

" Helping in what? "

" To find things which went extinct. "

#

Latibule Moon Pack