CHAPTER 47: CHANGE OF EVENTS

Erik's POV

Appa had dragged me away from the dining table. He looked fine but his grip on my shirt was saying something else.

" What's wrong, Appa? " I managed to whisper before we reached a clear space where within seconds, Dad arrived with Hyu-Jun Hyung and Uncle Zio.

" Someone trespassed our border a few minutes ago. " Hyung murmured as soon as he came closer. " A rogue wolf or a Retoryx. No definite details. But it certainly was from the Nunci Forest. "

" What?! "

Appa irritatedly rubbed his forehead. " The patrol wolves returned home today for the feast. No one has an idea about the trespass yet. We've received news only from the Sigma Wolves. "

Sigma wolves were rare. They're the self-reliant and independent wolves, who prefer to stay alone than in packs and we had only about 10-16 Sigmas in our pack. Pretty experienced and old, they stay away from pack borders but they often give a hand in the patrol duties.

" Should we wrap the dance ceremony then, Alpha? " Uncle Zio asked.

Dad was looking at somewhere else. His ears were perked and his eyes stayed somewhere far away from us.

" Something is not right in the air," he commented, narrowing his eyes to an invisible point once again.

Suddenly, Natasha's image crossed my eyes before a thunder erupted, shaking the skies. Daios was wide awake with eyes glowing to the dark horizon, mumbling incoherently to himself in the back of my head.

' Mate. ' he mumbled being pulled into an unknown trance. ' I can't feel. '

Hyung gave a hard squeeze on my shoulders and brought me back to reality. " Natasha's missing. They can't find her. " he hurried, tugging my arms so hard.

For a second, it felt too hard for me to focus on what was happening around me. Distant voices crept closer and before I was on my feet again, Daniel was growling in my mind about Natasha's absence in the open ground.

" I can't feel her. " I finally breathed and focused on my Hyung, who was trying to bring me back to reality, along with Appa and Dad.

Looking at them, I didn't need to wait. I was rushing through the gaps of the wind before anyone was able to blink. With a surge of energy, I was standing near Ralph where I last saw Natasha during the feast.

" Woah! Kim Erik Taison Alpha Werewolf—

I didn't spend any more seconds listening to what he was about to say due to the scream from the nearby woods. I inched closer when I was hit with a blow of a strange scent of jasmine spread all around the woods.

The sky roared with a rumble of thunder when I felt myself being sucked inside an airless void.

Something was wrong with the woods and something was trapping everyone.

I blinked my eyes and Daios pushed us out into reality with an animalistic growl in a second. He craved for control. Taken by fury, Daios howled in the back of my head and we moved at the speed of lightening.

The scent of jasmine had a faint sprinkle of moon dust, a powder used for controlling a werewolf's eyesight, which was why none of us were able to spot or sniff Natasha around us. Pushing Daios aside with a grunt, I swished a finger to my heart and twirled a vein of darkness out of my chest and into my head with closed eyes.

When I'm unable to be a werewolf or a vampire, my unused demon powers —that I'd practised occasionally over the centuries— come in handy.

My vision was completely darkened before I sensed three forms of vigour in the woods, far away from me. Among the three, one stood at the same place, the second one closing towards the first one while the last one was zooming almost out of the woods away from the other two.