CHAPTER12: BOOKS

Author's POV

" So that is how the war came to an end? " Natasha asked, her hands tightly hugging her pillow, sitting beside Reena and Laura, who was almost half asleep by now.

Ji nodded, gently cradling her sleepy son onto her lap as Natasha again started asking about her doubts.

" But why they were angry at each other? I don't see anything! "

" They say that the Gyun clan and the Qin clan were both interested upon entering into the human lands to try getting control of powerless humans. But they got apart soon as an internal war broke between them, because of that conflict one of the extinct species of Ukiyo broke into the human world and nearly destroyed half of it. " Ji said as if remembering the war like yesterday.

" Oh my God! " Natasha mumbled while Reena sleepily mumbled an oh my God.

" Yeah, then Father and Alpha jumped into the war and almost stopped them from killing each other. But they couldn't decide anything to help the human world but finally, the ancient clan which was destined to protect the portals came front to help them and accepted that it was their fault that they failed to protect the barriers between Ukiyo and the Human world and they successfully helped the humans to come out of the destruction and lead a life ahead. "

" Woah!! This is awesome! But I've never read anything about magic on earth, how do they help them? Did they erase all of their memory? " Natasha curiously eyed Ji for an answer, who chuckled, shaking her head.

" No, they didn't. Maybe I didn't tell you before but open all your ears. The only world that knows about magic is the world that got destroyed because of the war species. "

" What do you mean? I don't get it, "

" Haven't you heard any theories about the parallel universe? This is it, Nash, you're from another universe that is parallel to the one that was destroyed! " Ji said in triumphant as if she suddenly revealed her big-time secret with proper proof.

" What? "

" Don't you understand? Several universes are parallel to us in the galaxy! We're the only ones who are gifted with magic because of our greater deities who happened to create us first! The ancient clan I mentioned before was responsible for the barrier between Ukiyo and the other worlds. But unfortunately, someone who was on duty to protect the barrier died before the war. That is how everything happened. "

" Oh, I know that story! It was Zamay Yian Ferdoll! " Laura suddenly piped up and immediately leaned on the wall again to continue her sleep.

" The name is strange. "

" Let it be, can we sleep? I'm tired, " Ji yawned setting to lay down when Natasha grabbed both of her hands.

" Ji, you're so good at these things, you might come and join as a history teacher in Metaneart! " Natasha squeaked in joy while Ji shook her head suddenly becoming serious.

" No, I can't. "

" Why though? You think the headmaster wouldn't let you in because you're not capable of being a teacher? We can tell him you're good at telling stories! "

" I'm a Vampire and besides I don't think anyone will be welcoming me in, Nat, "

" Why? "

" Don't you know? I'm the only one who hasn't graduated with a wizarding degree. Do you think is it because of my Vampire powers? no, "

" Wait... If it's not for your Vampire powers, then why didn't you attend the university just like everyone? "  Natasha's smile faded away as she gently looked at the Vampire.