CHAPTER 44: ALLARA'S SECRETS

Author's POV

In the secret passage of the Library, Natasha and Ben weren't noticing the rolling time in her watch as they were deeply indulged in a discussion about Deities when they came across Dragons and Demons out of the blue.

" Dragons... I've seen no dragons around in the last few millennia. Historians believe they keep themselves to their Dens to preserve and survive. " Ben had explained before he began talking about the Magical Entity Dragons and their families, who were exceptions from the entire Dragon race, who also worshipped Deity Zil as long as they lived in Ukiyo.

" What about Demons? " Natasha eagerly raised her eyes.

" I've seen few Demons. Yes. They're not always friendly but yeah... Quite human. " Ben mumbled watching Scrazzy and Cassia being occupied in trying to catch Raven flying above their heads.

The fairy had been entertaining them for an hour after she was tired of listening to the on-and-on histories from Ben and Natasha.

" I heard someone say that evidence recorded about Dragons after some time... I think, right after a war is not proven to be true. " Natasha dived deep into her mind, paying no attention to the screeches from the cat and the pup behind her. " Why is that? "

" I guess you're talking about the Magical Ukiyo War. "

The words seemed to spark Natasha's mind as she beamed in surprise. " Is that...is that the Battle of Ombra? "

Ben flashed a surprised smile as he rubbed a finger under his chin, playfully. " Impressive, Ms Dark. How do you know about it? I thought there were no large amount of survivors to tell the tale about the battle. "

" Heard it from my Mama once, Ben. " Natasha chuckled, waving her hand.

" Wow. Then, your Mama must be very experienced. "

Natasha broke into an adorable smile and pestered for the older man to continue. But Scrazzy and Cassia toppled some of Natasha's books when they tried to pounce on Raven at the same time before the fairy ducked and escaped in the gaps between the furdolls, giggling without a sound.

" Guys, go and play somewhere else! " Natasha whined, arranging her bag again when her eyes halted on her mobile screen. " Ben, I've to go to Summoning class in twenty minutes. "

"  Time flies so fast. "

" It doesn't when I'm in Geology though. " mumbling to herself, Natasha packed her things with a huff. " I'll see you tomorrow, Ben. "

Ben quickly nodded. " Remember not to rush, Ms Dark. You might miss your way between the passages. Take care. "

After multiple failed tries with the cat and the pup lowly sneering at the happy fairy, who glued herself to Natasha's hair again, they bid goodbye to Ben.

Natasha's mobile earned her attention when she was about to reach the end of the now-almost-familiar path, popping up with Ralph's name.

**Ralph Champ**
' Gonna go for geology girl '
' Txt me when ur out '
Sent 01:59 PM

' Big guy is searching for u '
' Says u've to leave '
' Im in Geology. '
Sent 02:46 PM

**Kwang Girl**
' I'm off for Summoning '
' Where's Jun at? '
Sent 02:47 PM

Natasha texted back with eyes focused on the screen as she took slow steps further.

" Why is Jun searching for me? " she asked herself and checked if she had any missed calls from the said guy but there was none other than the one text she had received prior a few hours, saying he'd be going for a sudden meeting on something which would go for ages.